Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Building 92-95 Civic DX For ITA?

Default Anyone Building 92-95 Civic DX For ITA?

Just curious on building 92-95 Civic DX For ITA? Has anyone started? Do you think it will be somewhat competive?

Dan,

Let me know when you are ready to start yours... I'm ready to help! Have they determined which model(s) will be classed?

I think it will be fine in ITA. (As long as you stay out of the "crashing" - I'm over it now... really)

I just started my conversion. Interior is gone (almost). Know anyone looking for good EX interior parts? Nice power sunroof, Pass. seat, back seat... Just looking for $$$$ to get the rest of the car done.

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

How do we find out if the HB is intended for this class... (I think it's the car to have - not the Sedan).

K

I am not sure what (Models), I am sure we will find out in the next Fastrack?

We probably can call Sven at SCCA and see what models?

Matt... What class are you shooting for?

OK, I e-mailed Sven...

Dan,

Starting to prep for ITS, but will change to LP Prod. as soon as specs are available!

I could prep for ITA, but I won't start that conversation again! VIN plates and all...

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

I also sent an e-mail to Sven and Aaron.
    Maybe we can actually get a answer soon.

Matt... I am not aware of Prod. rules, what can you do to the motor and such?

Dan-

The Prod. motor is basically an IT motor. Not much else to be done, as I read it. Flywheel can be lightened I think, and the gearbox ratios are open (a big help for the Hondas, as other ratios literally plug right in!). I'm going from memory here, so please don't flame if I'm wrong!

The big difference is in the chassis. Reinforcement of the body structure is the biggie here, primary in shock towers, etc. The suspensions also gain a little leeway, especially in moving and reinforcing pickup points. All that strengthening makes for a much stronger body structure that transfers loads much better and allows the suspension to work as it should.

The part I really don't know is the limited prep. How limited is it? Any idea when we'll see the classification, Matt?

I'm becoming more and more curious about this, since a prep car more closely resembles something that could run in Group 2 Rally... I spent the weekend at the Lake Superior Pro Rally this weekend and it got me thinking I'd really like to do that some time!

-Tom

------------------
    Tom Southworth

'93 Honda Civic
    Currently prepping for IT Roadrace, CSP AutoX
    Sponsors wanted!

Originally posted by il8apex:
    Dan-

The part I really don't know is the limited prep. How limited is it? Any idea when we'll see the classification, Matt?
    -Tom

Tom / Dan,

I think the difference in the motor is compression. You can do "whatever you need to" to raise the compression to the spec. I understand that to be running trick pistons, shaving the block and head, and some other tricks!

I'm not sure when to expect the specs, but the sooner the better! I'm going to start the prep for ITS and see how far I get. I've got the trans w/ the welded diff and hoepfully a different final drive. The motor is "on hold" for now pending classification (and fund$).

Either way, I should be ready for VIR in March. (Regional/Enduro) Great track!

I'd like to run Nationals, but I'm not sure the first year for [prod. is a good time to switch.

My wife is not fond of me working on the car... She enjoys Showroom Stock and has hinted several times that if this turns into working on the car all the time, we will be getting a new SS car! I think this is a WIN/WIN situation for me!!!!!

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

Lucky Dog! You know where I am if you dump the Civic...

-T

Dear Tom Southworth:
    Off Topic,.. but I see from your email that you were at the SCCA Pro Rally (aka POR)last week.
    I was too, I was spectating. What were you driving?
    I was driving the Red Audi A4 with Texas plates.
    I drove all the way from Austin TX. My god did you see the car that caught some serious air at the spectator stage (think jump) on the last day of the event?

Ron Vaughn
    SW Div
    83 VW/GTi/ITB

Originally posted by il8apex:
    Dan-

I spent the weekend at the Lake Superior Pro Rally this weekend and it got me thinking I'd really like to do that some time!

-Tom

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll tell you about how I almost got hit!

-Tom

I am building my 94 DX CHB for ITA next year. I am not sure of the commpetativeness. I'll be glad to share my findings with you. [email protected].

In fact I was the one who petitioned the comp board for classifacation.

I get the digest version so I am usually late with reading up on the news here.

Dan, I've shown this picture to a few people and interest is growing. (THANKS to Dan for putting this together!) Maybe we'll see it (or something like it) on the track next year?!?!?!

As you can see... I still have advertising space available! Contact [email protected] for a Sponsorship Information Packet!

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

Matt, thanks for the plug!
    That was just a taste of what I can do!
    If anyone is interested in having me
    design there paint scheme for them I would
    love to do it!

contact me:
    [email protected]

wow that's nice..
    So, Hatchbacks are in! OK, that's on the list... it's down to SpecMiata or Civic..

K

Matt,
    Dude that's so cool looking. For second I wanted to dump my CRX and build a hatchback!

Daniel,
    Is there charge? How much? I'm planning on painting my CRX similar to the BFGoodrich SoloI car. Green front (hood/bumper/fenders) and the rest yellow. There are too many yellow CRX's running around so I trying to be different.

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    ITA 89 CRX - 2002 Season

Originally posted by NoRaceCarYet:
    wow that's nice..
    So, Hatchbacks are in! OK, that's on the list... it's down to SpecMiata or Civic..

K
    Not so fast... This is just "wishful thinking" at this point. Wait to get the specs in FastTrack before you buy anything.

The only thing for sure is that I'll be having Dan design my paint for whatever I end up with!

Dan, If you get free time, what can you do with the EX? I'm open to any colors/designs. Just want to make sure the Cera.Net logos will look OK. (And you know I like Red...)

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com

[This message has been edited by downingracing (edited October 25, 2001).]

Richy Gonzalez wrote: Daniel,Is there charge? How much? I'm planning on painting my CRX similar to the BFGoodrich SoloI car.Green front (hood/bumper/fenders) and the rest yellow.There are too many yellow CRX's running around so I trying to be different.

Matt wrote: Dan, If you get free time, what can you do with the EX? I'm open to any colors/designs. Just want to make sure the Cera.Net logos will look OK. (And you know I like Red...)

I just talked to "NoRaceCarYet" and as I told him: $30.00 for a basic design and $50.00 for a much more elaborate design. I think that will fit everyone's budget?

Richy, That's no problem, I would just need some basic info from you to get started!

Matt, I'll get started right away. Buy the way, I would love to post some of my designs on this site, (If I am aloud) How do I attach files to my post?

Guys you need to wait before start building that car, we need to see the weight ??? I would say it has to be under 2100 lbs to be competitive in ITA.
    Louis Boustani