Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spherical Bearings for upper and lower A arm bushings..need

Interesting debate her about the spherical bearings.
    I am the Ohio distributor for The Progress Group, Inc. in Anaheim, Ca.
    I have requested from them; if they have made the spherical bearings yet for the LCA on 88-91 Crx's yet? The answer is yes.
    They were tested in a 89 Civic Si that ran in E Prod. this year during the Runoffs and the tech people at that event cleared them for use.
    However, this car used a heim joint for attatchment, the I.T. pieces that are soon to be produced,(in the next 2 weeks I will have them here in Ohio)are legal and have passed tech in California so far. Regions are different, I agree, but I have been told that are SCCA legal, and I am going to run them in the first spring race. Lets see what happens!
    Also, Progress has the OPM style front stay rod/ radius rod bearings available as well. Now if T.Fowler can run them, and win two I.T.A. titles and pass tech both times, that is good enough for me to run them here in CenDiv.
    Progress is also making a spherical bearing that goes in the front LCA (inner to the body, similar to the rear outers)and I find that from speaking with them, it is legal.
    Besides, why would they waste all that research and developement and money to make a part that is not legal for I.T. competition?
    I will have all these parts in stock in the next 2-3 weeks if anyone has any questions, email me.
    btw- I have ripped out both a set of urethane and delrin bushings on the rear, LCA's, so I am game to try something new.
    email:[email protected]

Hi everyone!
    This post is not meant to stir up any arguments. I have read the above thread and I have heard from some guys that run ITA crx's on the West Coast have the bearings in the LCA already and they have not had a problem in tech out there.
    I have spoken with The Progress Group, Inc.
    and they tell me that are about 2-3 weeks away from selling these new bearings.
    They have made: the inner to the body on the front LCA, the outer on the rear LCA and also have a front radius rod bearing set that will be available soon as well.
    As their distributor here in Ohio, I have talked with Progress about wether these are legal or not. One of the guys there, ran them on his E Prod. Civic Si at the 2001 Runoffs, and talked with the tech people there about the I.T. version he was going to produce. My understanding is that they are legal, and I trust that to be true.
    I am going to stock some of them, if anyone is interested, email me.
    I don't see this as a rule creap, it is just something new, therefore everyone has to discuss it first. If Fowler can pass tech, after two I.T.A. wins at the A.R.R.C., and also advertise he is selling his radius rod bushings, then he isn't trying to hide anything, and SCCA knows and has approved of it. So I see this new spherical bearing topic as one that is just a bearing that is being used in a different location, not some big advantage of rule infrigement per the GCR. Like I said, I don't want to kick up dust here, but I am tired of ripping out bushings on the LCA's so my motivation is to try these bearings.
    Also there is a strut rod bearing in the works as well.
    I look forward to reading all your feedback. I guess I will know more after the first race in Cendiv this spring!