Interesting debate her about the spherical bearings.
I am the Ohio distributor for The Progress Group, Inc. in Anaheim, Ca.
I have requested from them; if they have made the spherical bearings yet for the LCA on 88-91 Crx's yet? The answer is yes.
They were tested in a 89 Civic Si that ran in E Prod. this year during the Runoffs and the tech people at that event cleared them for use.
However, this car used a heim joint for attatchment, the I.T. pieces that are soon to be produced,(in the next 2 weeks I will have them here in Ohio)are legal and have passed tech in California so far. Regions are different, I agree, but I have been told that are SCCA legal, and I am going to run them in the first spring race. Lets see what happens!
Also, Progress has the OPM style front stay rod/ radius rod bearings available as well. Now if T.Fowler can run them, and win two I.T.A. titles and pass tech both times, that is good enough for me to run them here in CenDiv.
Progress is also making a spherical bearing that goes in the front LCA (inner to the body, similar to the rear outers)and I find that from speaking with them, it is legal.
Besides, why would they waste all that research and developement and money to make a part that is not legal for I.T. competition?
I will have all these parts in stock in the next 2-3 weeks if anyone has any questions, email me.
btw- I have ripped out both a set of urethane and delrin bushings on the rear, LCA's, so I am game to try something new.
email:[email protected]