Thread: brake pads and rotors ITA CRX

Default brake pads and rotors ITA CRX

Anyone have some advice on brake pads and rotors. I have had good luck with Brembo and Cardinal rotors on Mazda's cheaper then Mazdacomp and just as good. I use Hawk Blues on the Mazda. Any consensus on what is used in the Honda, and where is the best place to buy it?

Dick Plank

Originally posted by plank:
    Anyone have some advice on brake pads and rotors. I have had good luck with Brembo and Cardinal rotors on Mazda's cheaper then Mazdacomp and just as good. I use Hawk Blues on the Mazda. Any consensus on what is used in the Honda, and where is the best place to buy it?

Dick Plank
    DICK, I am using Brembo rotors and Carbotech pads and they have been great combination, you can get them from Carbotech.

Louis Boustani

I might have missed the memo on this, but aren't we supposed to run Mazda rotors on Mazdas, Toyota rotors on Toyotas and so on? Or maybe you are talking about applications other than IT?

Confused,

Kirk

Kirk-

I don't have the GCR in front of me, but aren't the rotors wear parts and therefore open to replacement with equivalent? As long as it's the proper size and material, it's good to go.

The Brembos are available from Auto Zone and carry a lifetime warranty. Some of the track day guys exploit this by taking the warped/cracked rotors back after a few hard track days and getting free replacements. Don't know if you'd want to try this too often, though!

-Tom

Originally posted by Knestis:
    I might have missed the memo on this, but aren't we supposed to run Mazda rotors on Mazdas, Toyota rotors on Toyotas and so on? Or maybe you are talking about applications other than IT?

Confused,

Kirk

You can use any OEM replacement rotors or parts, I don't think will be racing or we can afford to do racing if we are going to buy only factory Honda parts or Mazda or Nissan or any other make.

Louis Boustani
    ITA 2

Kirk! - SLAP!

Brembo makes OEM too...

While on the brake discusion...

Does anyone know where I could buy brake ducs. Not the one's in the front spoiler, but metal ones which get mounted by the front calipers directed into the inner part of the rotor. I've seen a few custom jobs but I would be nice to call up someone and order them.

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    ITA 89 CRX - 2002 Season

[This message has been edited by Richy Gonzalez (edited October 23, 2001).]

Richie,

I have not found anyone to make those yet, it seems they are all custom. Tom Fowler made his own, so did Louis and a few others I have talked to off net. So far everyone does the fronts, not the backs.

What it seems you do is weld a piece of flat steel drilled with a hole to an 3 inch or 2 inch pipe and mount it using one of the exiting bolts.

Dick