Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf Version 3.2

KAAZ is a manufacturer of diffs, that has focused on the Japanese market (Honda/Acura, notably) until recently.

K

the Quaife ..... has little to no maintenance.

MC

[/B]
    That was not our experience. And it wasn't a good one.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by OTLimit:
    That was not our experience. And it wasn't a good one.

OK, I'll revise it to say the Quaife has required little to no maintenance (for me so far after 3+ seasons).

MC

------------------
    Mark Coffin
    #14 GP BSI Racing/Action Digital/Airborn Coatings/Krispy Kreme VW Scirocco

I'm in the process of building a A3 Model, has anybody had any info on Chips for this car?, Mine is a '95. Thanks

------------------
    Dave E-B

Your best chip out there would likely be from GIAC. The cost vs performance of their recurve beats that of Upsolute. I think Techtonics Tuning gave up and now uses GIAC software on all their chips.

You can call Induktion in Maryland, they are a GIAC dealer and can point you in the right direction.

I did some shopping around and went with an off-the-shelf Techtonics unit. (Mine first one is an OBDII car.)

After some telephone conversation, they raised the rev limit (not because I'm making power above 6K with an old engine and the exhaust we have, but to get it out of the way), advanced the timing more and earlier, and pretty much left the mixture alone. They don't lean them out for road racing, because we spend so much time at WOT.

They indicated that, once we get the spec settled and can dyno the thing, they can burn custom-tweaked chips to tailor the mixture more closely.

Things might be different with the earlier car, of course.

K

nope its the same for obd1, the only diffrence is II can moc diffrent adaptations to get desired results where obd1 is stuck with reburning the fuel map.

TT has been selling GIAC software for some time now, so diffrent vender same software and pretty much same pricing.

>> Your best chip out there would likely be from GIAC.

tsk tsk
    My normal refrain....

GIAC has a great "name" and a good rep.
    That's becuase they have done a great job walking the fine line between chips for street tuning and chips for performance.

For a no-compromise setup the GIAC is not "the best" for long pulls at WOT on a race track.

Listen to Capt Kirk... he got it right.

------------------
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment

Yes but I never said to buy one of their off the shelf programs. I dont even run an off the shelf program on my MK4 Jetta turbo. We started with a base program and it was customized to keep my car happy.

But for a ABA chip and the level of customization they can do to the fuel and timing maps are phenominal for the price they offer.

James, you mean TT not GIAC doing that customization, correct? If so, that is what I meant too. My experience has been that GIAC will not talk to you about changes to existing programs to suit race applications unless you are in a position to buy that new program at very large volumes.

I was lead to believe from previous discussions that GIAC would change a program. I don't have first hand with my current car I run APR software. But my 99 VR6 ran GIAC and after a issue at my first track event with EGT they modified the program after a few dyno runs. I had to wait 2 weeks for the program but once it was done my EGT's where fine at the track.

But then today I dont know if that is the same, a lot has changed in the VW software world.