Thread: wheel spacers

Default wheel spacers

I would like to purchase 2 sets of wheel spacers (1 for each car) I am looking for 25mm. While I am at it I would like to convert to wheel studs as well. I would think that someone out there would have a kit that the spacer bolted to the hub and the spacer itself had wheel studs coming out. Does anyone or has anyone seen anything like this. I have searched everywhere and I have called numerous vendors with no success. Anyone have any ideas? It is for an Audi but it has the 4*100 bolt pattern like a VW

Thanks
    Stephen

Stephen,
    For the studs go to Bildon www.bildon.com they have very nice ones at a good price.
    As for the spacer 25 mm seems huge. You will probably be way past your legal track width, adding 50mm total to it. But Bildon does also cary wheels spacers.
    Sam

------------------
    Sam Rolfe
    TBR Motorsports
    #85 ITC VW Rabbit being converted to LPHP
    #85 GP Scirocco

[This message has been edited by SamITC85 (edited May 06, 2005).]

What Sam said. I had the Bildon ones on my old ITB car. T-6061 IIRC, and nicely made.

Sam, there is no track spec in IT, just that the contact patch can't extended outside the body work.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

Okay not illegal track wise but I am guessing with that much adding to the track would cause the wheels to stick out a bunch, but I haven't seen the Audi's in a while so I am not sure.

------------------
    Sam Rolfe
    TBR Motorsports
    #85 ITC VW Rabbit being converted to LPHP
    #85 GP Scirocco

Check out H&R spacers too

Called Bildon at the begining of the week but I haven't had a response yet. I'm not sure if the one they make have studs or not I think the studs they offer would go all the way from the hub. Seems like a long distance for 12MM studs? That is precisly the reason I don't like the H&R 25mm spacers they use wheel bolts that attach the spacers to the hubs then wheel bolts that attach the wheel to the spacer. I really really want to convert to studs if possible. Since there are only 4 and they are small (12MM) I am concerned about the distance if I do go from the hub all the way out.

As far as track is concerned I thought it was wether the tire suck out form the fender(IE the top) not the contact patch (IE the bottom) If I have at least 3.5 degrees of camber it was still under the lip of the fender. I did not measure the bottom "contact Patch" I will have to revisit this if it's the contact patch and not the tire fitting inside the fender.

Stephen

Stephen,

Don't worry about the length of those studs, they're plenty strong enough. I know several people, including myself, that use them w/o any problem. I'm sure Bill would have said something had ANYONE had a problem w/ them.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608