Thank you Tim. I knew emmisions would be a big PITA. Sound shouldn't be too big of a problem (cat, plus a Nuespeed or the like cat back should be quiet enough). I wasn't sure about the cage as you have to climb over the door bars to get inside. Now I know. My thing is I'm a HS student who has college to worry about in a few years. Looking at through the classifieds and watching Ebay it seems good examples are cheap for. Also it seems everywhere you look there are parts for them. That is defiently a good thing. The only thing is finding one with a title. I figure I can have a good "race" car that can be converted back to a street car for a few $100 (I hope). I'm really looking for a car that I can learn to really drive in. So I would auto x, solo 1 and some track days throughout the rest of HS and college, and get serious after college when the money starts rolling in. Anyway thanks again. I don't think a little old Rabbit should prove to be a cop magnet. I'll let the "Fast and the Foolish" crowd attract them.

Also do they allow spectators at Regional events? I've been to a few Nationals and love them (I stalk all the SCCA forums so I know who is who and what works and what doesn't to an extent). I would like to go to a Regional (next summer when I have a license and a car). Though it would be cool to hang out with you guys to learn the the "ins and outs" of racing.

My dad is friends with a long time SCCA racer who now races with the SVRA in a Triumph TR4 (Dick Stockton if anyone has heard the name before). So I have an idea of what it requires to race. So I'm not totally clueless to the process.

[This message has been edited by Monkeywrench (edited July 25, 2004).]