Thread: power steering headaches

Default power steering headaches

now that A3 cars w/pwr strg are active, are you having problems keeping the fluid under control? I'm running PS in my A2 because of hand conrol issues and despite slowing down the pump 40% it keeps foaming and blowing out of the resevoir. I've tried 3 pumps and a larger (illegal?) BMW resevoir (pointy heads-please, lets not get into that dumb question now, I don't care. If you want to talk sensibly about what's illegal, go file a protest on a car that's so fast in a straight line that it can't possibly be legal.) I'm even running the late synthetic VW/Audi fluid. I'm curious what the A3 power steering does under stress??? Phil

Sorry, Phil but I'm just too pointy-headed to have anything of value to offer - despite not having any trouble with my MkIII PS so far.

K

thanks for the sharp response.

I ran a A3 for 3 years in both IT and SS with now problems

I ran a A3 for 3 years in both IT and SS with now problems... BTW I have always used Red Line PS fluid, not sure if that matters but no problems

thanks guys; I see that the A3 resevoir is bigger and taller. I'm gonna try that (is that cheating? nevermind) phil