I was the owner of the A3 in ITA that Jason Weaver now owns and yes it is leagl in ITA (93 -96) for last year. I also requested SCCA revise its class no less than 4 times and as those of you who saw fasttrack jan 03 can see it was turned down all 4 times. I sold the car to Jason after fully explaining to him that it is not a good ITA car but would be great in B and as a school car. Now it appears SCCA will reclassify. This is great because I have raced both A1, A2 and A3 and the chassis of the A3 is much better.. The reason that the A3 makes a bad ITA car is HP.... The Miata's and CRX both ( we dont even want to mention the 240 Nissan ) make over 130 hp at the wheels and my A3 would reach 109-112 with the legal mods. Plus a CRX, 240 or Miata have a huge areo advantage. The engine could be developed a bit more but as someone else said why? when you will never keep pace in ITA. If ( When ) SCCA agrees it will be in 04 and I would bet it will be the car to have in ITB.. I would like to have mine back!