Thread: digifant in ITB

Default digifant in ITB

am cobbling together ITB 1.8 digifant car-does anyone out there have dood data on fuel curve w/digifant in typical IT 1.8 8V VW app, i.e: w/airflow increase of prepped eng, what are the problems/sensible solutions to expected lack of fuel? How bad is (expected) lack of fuel? dyno data? thanks Phil Hunt

I know both the Bildon cars run Digi, they should be able to help.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
    SCCA 279608

Get a CWS chip for the Digi. Re-mapped curves, and 11 extra no-shit horsepower. Only $100 bucks, it's quite a deal. Also gets rid of that annoying off-throttle injector shutdown.

Where do you get the CWS chip. And can it be installed in a KEN Computer, or Bosch or both....

Both.

I got mine from a guy called vwpilot (real name's Pete) on vwvortex.com. He imports them from Germany via his cousin, and is highly recommended. E mail me direct and I'll zip you his E mail. I am not affiliated in any way with him, other than being a satified customer.
    [email protected]

Edited for spelling.

[This message has been edited by WannaBITB (edited October 28, 2002).]

"no-shit" horsepower is not a sensible engineering term. please give me information that is documented in undestandable ways as in:"if X, Y, and Z, then 11 hp @ flywheel on who's dyno? Phil

Originally posted by pfc:
    "no-shit" horsepower is not a sensible engineering term. please give me information that is documented in undestandable ways as in:"if X, Y, and Z, then 11 hp @ flywheel on who's dyno? Phil
    Since I'm not an engineer, I can't give you that data. I suggest you contact the manufacturer and find out for yourself.

No shit.

I'm pretty sure the CWS chip does not give you 11hp, but it does give you a better responding engine, with more power, more torque, and removes the hesitation which Digifant's are known for. I drive a 91 Jetta GL with the follwoing bolt-on's: K&N w/ drilled air box, Ported dual port manifold & downpipe, TT 2.25" exhaust no Cat, and CWS chip. The chip was the last part added and I feel it was a great investment. If I can find some time to change my valves seal, I will have the car dyno and post the results.

Thank you
    Jose Rotger
    www.porttuning.com