Gary,

No, I never did get an answer from Sven. Interesting that Aaron was the one to make the determination. It was my understanding that such things were sent to the IT AdHoc committee. Hmmmm....

And as far as documenting the weight being wrong, I can show you about 6" of documentation that was prepared and presented for the A1 GTI in ITB. This even inculdes a signed statement from a Divisional tech inspector that weighed several race prepared cars as well as some street cars.

The published curb weight on an '84 Rabbit GTI is 2011#. Part of the problem is that somebody screwed the pooch when these cars were in SS, and the weight was set at 1850#. Everyone knows that was wrong, and no one disputes it.

And as far as the car being too light when you remove all that stuff, the simple answer is, don't take it all out. I'm sure there are several people here that can tell you stories about having to run w/ the spare tire, etc. just to be able to make weight w/ the allowed 100# of ballast.

If 2808# was the 'official' curb weight, then the spec weight of the car should have been 2855# per 'the formula'. I really am curious as to what basis was used to determine that the weight was 'wrong' [sic], and even more, to the tune of 170#!

Called Denver yesterday, and unfortunately, Sven and everyone else are already at Mid-Ohio.

And Bildon, I agree, at 2680#, those cars should be honkin' fast (in a straight line). They should be able to rival the E36 BMW's in straight-line speed.

------------------
MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
SCCA 279608