I took my new 77 1.8 Rabbit out to the track and it felt down on power and seemed to run lean as the rpm's neared 6K.

A little background, I race the Rabbit in NASA GTI Cup and the 77 is legal with the GTI spec parts. The shell had been rewired for the newer motor along with the engine computer. The drivetrain is out of 83 GTI which I recently wrecked, hence the new shell. The motor was fairly fresh and a front running motor.

There were a couple of electrical connections that were missing, including the wires to the full throttle switch and the wire connection to the rectangular box on the front of the motor where the braided fuel line runs through. I think that device is a fuel pressure regulator.

I'll be working on the car this week and trying to figure out what's up. Which pins on the computer are the ones which are connected to the fuel throttle switch so I can fab some new lines or perhaps just put in a cockpit switch? Should I be concerned about the other connection to the what I think is a fuel pressure regulator and what does it do?

Thanks

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Craven (edited September 16, 2002).]