Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITB or ITC

Wow, is this a first for this place? Someone that actually advocates cheating!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by mogren:
    VIN?? Mines never been looked at.
    Run the critter in ITC and have a good time. If some one bitches about the digit, let the air out of his girlfriend. MM
    Yeah, well what if it's his WIFE who doesn't agree with your plan? This kind of attitude always leads me to believe that if your willing to cheat one way, you will cheat in others.

You know, that's one thing I like about the Prod board. They all use their real names.

Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

You said it Lesley!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI
    SCCA 279608

(reserves comment, since Lesley pretty much covered it)

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah! for Lesley. You know, we might start to shame some of these folks into a better attitude, yet.

You know, just earlier today someone suggested to me in person that they could make a certain modification so that "...no one would know it was done. It's undetectable." I replied, one person would know it was illegal - you! How could you sleep at night? Would you be satisfied with anything you might win, or would you always have that nagging doubt that you might not have won without the cheat?

I have another acquaintance who simply states that his race is against the rulebook and the scrutineers. When He cheats and gets away with it, he has won. You know, I can actually respect such a straight-forward declaration - as long as he is entering Cheat Wars, the new Fox reality show that pits competitors against inspectors. But, it ain't racing.

------------------
    [email protected]

My full name is Mike Ogren , I've run Protech Racing for 20 yrs. I am not renewing my SCCA membership / racing license. for a number of reasons. Mostly because of the lack of rules enforcement here in the South East. The cars in the front are using cams of max lift rules, too much compression, many parts missing
    ( headlights!). It is a joke.
    I have had a Tech guy take off the tech sticker because the SCCA club stickers were not on the car yet. The car was a new build and the sticker lady was not yet at the track!!
    When I have run other sanctions, they took me apart very often and I still won a bunch.
    I have been punted out of first place by a front runner, in plain veiw of all . What gives?? When I punted or got punted in a circle trak , we go to the rear, as it should be.
    I have met a bunch of nice people at the trak and always try to help other guys with parts and or service, always thinking that it goes around and that is how racing should be.
    As for the vin # not matching the car engine, but the model is the same. That is a poor reason not to use the 1600.
    Dont put a 1600 in a S-2 car tho.
    MM

I am really sorry for your experiences, Mike. What you expected (that tech would pursue cheaters) is not the way that SCCA club racing actually works. The system generally expects you and the other competitors to pony up $$ to determine if there are illegal parts in someones car. This is the fundamental problem in a flawed system, I am afraid, but it is so fundamental to the organization that it will never change.

Kirk

Mike,
    I am sorry that you are disappointed in SCCA. As has been mentioned, the rules don't always seem to make sense, but they are the rules that we run with. Adherence to the rules is an ethical responsibility that I take seriously. I spend too many $$ paying for Chris' habit; he is addicted to the adrenaline rush, I will admit it openly; to have him DQ'ed due to a rules violation is unacceptable to me. Yes, there are cheaters. Some of them are very flagrant, others just think they are being cute. I have always found it interesting the number of cars local drivers that don't run the ARRC. Or the ones who run the enduro and not the sprint race. Or the ones who suddenly go slower.

But those are issues we deal with. If you let them run you off, they truly have won.

Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers