Thread: VW Golf Electrical/Gauge Question

Default VW Golf Electrical/Gauge Question

I have an '86 Golf GTI which I have just started racing in ITB. I have removed the instrument cluster and replaced it with a bigger tach and some gauges and I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know the resistance values of the fuel sending unit and which VDO Fuel Gauge will work? Using stock tank/sending unit.

2) Does anyone know the temperature range of the stock oil temperature sender? I had one of the digital readouts in the instrument cluster and don't know the range.

Thank you.

Jason

2) Does anyone know the temperature range of the stock oil temperature sender? I had one of the digital readouts in the instrument cluster and don't know the range.
    I would suspect that the oil temperature sender is the equivalent of a VDO oil temp sender, VDO PN: 323 057. I would say that it can likely accurately measure from 50deg C to 300deg C. Not sure on the sender's linearity or resistance curve though - as is with most of these temp senders, they are NOT linear with temperature very likely logarithmic.