Thread: Rolling car without axles...

Default Rolling car without axles...

I've got to move my A2 Jetta around in the shop and also send it to the body shop for some repairs. It's currently in the air, without motor/drivetrain. The car uses Passat 4 bolt knucles/hubs, and I'm wondering if I can safely put wheels on them without axle stubs in them... I don't want to hurt the bearings, and I've heard that by rolling a car around without axles in the hubs, one can damage the bearings. Is this the case and should I be concerned. I have enough outer stubs kicking around that I can put one in each hub and fasten them in...

Comments?

Look at the topic called A1 Engine Pull, I have bumped it to the top of this forum...It has this tpic covered in there, hope it helps.

Alan

Originally posted by itbgti:
    Look at the topic called A1 Engine Pull, I have bumped it to the top of this forum...It has this tpic covered in there, hope it helps.
    Alan
    Thanks for the quick reply - I knew it had to be a common subject... it's exactly as I expected too. I've got a bunch of axles I can use an outer joint from. It should be no problem. Tbanks!