Thread: 13x6 Wheels

Default 13x6 Wheels

I found these on ebay. Momo 13x6. Auction ID 1808559786.

------------------
    Tim Linerud
    San Francisco Region SCCA
    #95 ITB GTI, GP for 2002

Thanks, Tim - I put in a bid. I have someone in Gainesville who can pick them up and save the freight and packing if I win the bid.

------------------
    [email protected]

Good luck Don, doesn't look like too many people are interested. For the $85 shipping charge, it may be worth it for you to drive up and get them. Certainly a good deal if you can get them for that price.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

Even better, one of the fellows who works for me has a daughter at UF in Gainesville who can pick them up. The fellow who is selling the wheels is also a student and already wants to know if my friend's daughter is cute.

Unfortunately, there was another late bidder this morning. I'll find out in less than an hour.

Before you get crazy about this particular offering, want more information?

Those are the IMSA Renault Cup spec wheel (Alliance and Encore series, '83-86 or thereabouts). There MUST be piles of them somewhere in the US - I sold a bunch that were not as corroded as the one in the picture for $15-30 each back in the late '80s. They were only about $65 NEW.

They are light and the right size for a lot of ITC applications but you might start your search at Archer Racing. They were a series supplier and might be able to tell you where their NOS leftovers went. Heck, they might still have some new ones laying around somewhere!

Kirk

Well, before I read your post about not getting crazy, I used the logic that new Panasports will cost me about $175 or so delivered, so I decided to go to $70 per wheel for these. The fellow I was bidding against had a higher bid in - they're currently at $285. I quit - I'd rather have wheels in the correct offset than use these wheels with spacers.

Would anyone be interested in some steel 13x6 wheels, 4x100, the same style as the steel 13x4.5/5 inch wheels that you see on Rabbits? I got these from someone awhile back, but I'd rather go with a 13x7 for autocrossing. Anyone want to trade. I don't have a picture, but I can get some if interested. Email: [email protected]

Thanks,
    PJ

------------------
    83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

I can't give away my 8- 13x7 Panasports (4-1/2" spacing (114.3mm)).......

Originally posted by racer-025:
    I can't give away my 8- 13x7 Panasports (4-1/2" spacing (114.3mm)).......
    It's the spacing. If they were 4x100, you would have had to beat the guys off w/ a stick that would want them.

PJ, how much? Any idea what they weigh?

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

I was looking for $100 each. I think they weight about 11lbs. I can check the weight. I ran them on the Suzuki one weekend last year. I was told by a competitor that I must have a close ratio gear box, but I tried to explain that I do have a Houseman FD but the stock gears. I was using Goodyear slicks on them. When you compare the height difference between the 13x7 with the slicks and the 14x6 with 205/55R14 Toyos, there is about 3" in height difference. I tried to tell him that, that was where I was getting the tall RPMs. I was in 5th gear down the back straight at AMP. He didn't seem to understand. I won't mention his name.

Uh, I was asking PJ how much he wanted for the steelies and how much they weigh.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

They're steel so they're not that light, I have used Yoke A008 tires on them now, so I couldn't get you an exact weight, but I can get you a ballpark...

They're my only autox tires, so I would want to work out a trade + some cash for something bigger, 13x7 or 13x8 (yowsers), w/ or w/out tires.

Do you know anyone selling 13x7s for a Rabbit?

PJ

------------------
    83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

PJ,

I just hooked a friend of mine up w/ some 13x8 steel auto-x wheels and tires. Day late and a dollar short! Oh well. LMK if you decide to sell them.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

If anyone needs them I have 8 13x5.5 rocco alloys good shape $25.00 each