I am fabricating an oval track car and am wondering which fuel injection system to run. I know that many different variables effect my choice, but I was wondering what you guys think. Here's the specs. I Have a 1.8L with stock rods, stock crank, Wiseco forged Flat tops (83MM). 14:1 compression. 110 degree lobe center cam with a power range from 5500-8400. I plan on topping off at 8200. I have a 83 GTI head. I am not allowed any porting or polishing. Must retain stock sized valves. Now for the quesion: What should I have CIS or CIS-E? I am also running Unocal 76 leaded race fuel. I am looking for a trouble free system that is easy to tune without going excessively lean. I have alot of experience with Weber DGV series carbs, but the throttle body looks so much larger that I would like to go with that route. I can use ANY VW parts to construct my car so are there any certain years or models to look for? The basic rules are no porting or polishing intake or head, no oversized valves, and no cam with a lift more than .510". Other than that anything goes.

I would really like to hear your opinions...
Scott