Thread: Shock revalving

Default Shock revalving

I've got Bilstein sport shocks on the back right now and I'm thinking about getting them revalved to handle a 400# spring. But I don't just want to send them in. I'm trying to find info on the process and results. Bill, you had yours done last year didn't you. What should I be looking for?

Thanks
    Steve

------------------
    88 ITB Scirocco
    www.geocities.com/highspeedconnectionracing

Steve,

I got mine built that way from the factory. I went w/ 230/72, which was what Bill Hindorf (sp?) suggested. I believe that it will handle up to a 450# spring. But you'll have to send them to Ca. if you want Bilstein to do it. I know of a shop here in northern NJ that is an authorized Bilstein repair facility. He's got a shock dyno and does lots of them (he supports the local short-track scene quite a bit). Price will be the same as Bilstein in Ca. LMK if you want the info. BTW, it's the same guy that has the good deals on the Kirkey Road Race seat.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

Thanks Bill, I'm dealing with a guy in Toronto right now. The 230/72 number...what does that represent. I assume it has something to do with bound and rebound, but the numbers themselves don't mean anything to me. Is that the system Bilstein uses?

Thanks
    Steve

------------------
    88 ITB Scirocco
    www.geocities.com/highspeedconnectionracing

Steve,

I'm not sure of the exact units (I'd have to look it up), but it has some to do w/ force required to travel a fixed distance per unit time.

Kirk,

You got this one at your fingertips?

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

The numbers represent deca newtons sp?? (10 newtons) of force required to move the shock on a .5m/s dyno. Bilstein uses a .5m/s Dyno and the sheets I got from Koni are .33m/s so you have to do a conversion between them. The race valved front struts I used to use were 300/100.

Cheers!

------------------
    Colin Harmer
    ITB #2 Red Golf
    Halifax, NS
    http://users.andara.com/~mountain
    [email protected]

BILL
    WHO IN NORTHERN NJ DID YOU USE FOR REVALVING YOUR KONIS?

Hoser,

I didn't have anyone revalve Konis. However the guy in NJ that I was speaking about does Koni's as well. It's Bruce's Speed Shop in Rockaway, NJ, on US 46..

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI