Thanks for the response.

The tires are/were spec BFG R1's, but I hear those won't be available for next year. As far as the head is concerned, one must use stock valves, but polishing and match porting is allowed. Here's the link for the rulebook online, and the CR rules start on page 66 : http://www.icscc.com/rules/Cr2001.pdf, for anyone who might be interested.

I am supposed to get a look at the car in the next week, so I'll post some history when I find out.

What I do know is that most of the parts have been removed from the damaged car and are ready to be installed in the donor tub. This is of concern since the cage will have to be re-welded (sleeved), and the suspension may not be legal, say if it's running Carrera coil-overs, but I haven't seen any of it yet. It seems to me that IT allows more suspension mods, while CR allows more engine mods...

At any rate, thanks for the advice. A few weekends ago, there was a guest ride benefit for the Dornbecker Children's hospital. After getting to ride shotgun in a CR for two exhibition (3/4 race speed) laps, I've got the fever real bad...

dc