Thread: So, How has VW done in 2001?

Default So, How has VW done in 2001?

We are getting close to the end of the 2001 season, so, those who run the VW moniker - how have you done? Who have you beaten - and who beat you?

I am especially interested to know how the Bildon Corrado has faired...

NRCY

Go to SCCA.org. Click on Region Websites. Go to various regions/divisions. Hunt until you find "Results" links. There you will find results including fastest laps of each car for various races. You will see exactly how the different cars did - no war stories.
    Good luck.

Mark Coffin won the SARRC ITC title in his Mk I Scirocco.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI

Doh!

I can read the results... I was wondering about the War stories!

NRCY - Maybe I should have the moniker - did have racecar, raced for a long time, getting back in!

Well Bill Green won our ITB Atlantic Challenge 1 hour enduro series in an 85 Scirocco (take that Golfs ) He actually won it on the last race of the year by limping home on a tire that was about to blow due to contact. Had the race gone another 15 seconds I would have caught him
    But it wouldn't have mattered because I came in under weight by 6 lbs. Its a pretty good win for him considering that the 12 valve crx's run ITB up here. Here's video of me chasing him in august.http://www.radismotorsports.com/challengesp.wmv I caught him on the last lap

Steve

------------------
    88 ITB Scirocco
    www.geocities.com/highspeedconnectionracing

[This message has been edited by Scirocco#28 (edited October 09, 2001).]

Well we had a sh*&! start to 2001.
    Our electrics were a mess and as a result couldn't get any ignition advance. Once that was resolved we were immediately put into the wall at teh Glen on the PACE lap by a fool jumping the start.....finally after all that crap we began finishing consistently in the top 3. Our GTI has won 2 of it's last for races (finishing 2nd in the others) We are actually beating Volvos on occasion too!

The Bildon Corrado (thanks for asking) has not entered a race yet. It's development schedule has been slowed dramatically by economy. (Read: too many projects, not enough cash)

We'll run the car next year in both ITS and believe it or not.... World Challenge!