I'd just like to say a big thank you to all those who have put up with, and answered, my newbie questions.

He's right, I don't own a GCR, nor am I a SCCA member, nor do I even have a car to race. But I'm hoping to make the move from 'speedvision' to club racer, and in no small part, the friendly and helpful folks on this board have motivated me to do so.

I think I might see your point, ITPERSON, if persons were posting questions asking for GCR rules recited line by line, or were actually trying to get by without buying the book. But clearly, most are trying to get a better understanding of what is involved, how others interpret the rules, and what works best. Still sounds like a good idea to me

I have no doubt then when I join, and build or buy my first car, one of the prerequesite purchases will be the GCR. And I have no doubt that after the purchase, I will continue to post questions in the hopes of bettering the sport for myself and anyone else who might gain insight from the postings.

Dan
No number
No car
No experience
Grateful poster/reader on it.com