Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data acquisition usefulness

doing the "Go Ahead - Use Data Acquisition" book.
    [/b]
    I'll help!

I've been reading the McBeath book and it really needs updating, plus we could a DVD with it with in-car to help people relate what they are seeing in the data to the on-track.

Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

I found Simon McBeath's book to be "OK", but really nothing more than the obvious. What really needs to be written is something more advanced, along the lines of the stuff you and I discussed in detail last weekend, the same kinda stuff I do with others at the track.

Problem is, that takes time. And, unless I can justify writing a book as a way to attract sponsorship....hmmm....(sounds of gears meshing...and not stripping...)

I found Simon McBeath's book to be "OK", but really nothing more than the obvious. What really needs to be written is something more advanced, along the lines of the stuff you and I discussed in detail last weekend, the same kinda stuff I do with others at the track.

Problem is, that takes time. And, unless I can justify writing a book as a way to attract sponsorship....hmmm....(sounds of gears meshing...and not stripping...)

[/b]
    Sorry to add another level of complexity to your life

I was bored and reading up on DAQs, I like what I saw with the DL1, read a bunch of old posts, came accross yours, and decided to call you out

I figure I'll end up with a DL1, just not this year or next. $$$ is going elsewhere. Maybe late next year, I'll need the help, but probably '09.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

What really needs to be written is something more advanced[/b]
    Actually, my thought was that something needs to be written starts with the basics for people like myself can understand. I've looked at a few DA books, and just couldn't grasp it. Once those topics are covered, then go on to discuss the more advanced stuff.

Problem is, that takes time.[/b]
    Very, very true. Writing it is the easy part.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave and Jeremy, let's discuss this. I suggest we could leverage the "Go Ahead..." branding, our writing skills, and knowledge into something useful...

Damn you, Rob...

Dave and Jeremy, let's discuss this. I suggest we could leverage the "Go Ahead..." branding, our writing skills, and knowledge into something useful...

Damn you, Rob...
    [/b]

Glad I could help. Just remember who helped drive this when your done, or don't depending on how well it does LOL
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures