Thread: Left foot braking

Default Left foot braking

What is your braking technique? I tend to left foot brake all non-downshift corners and heel/toe the ones that need shifting.

Speaking of shifting. Do you run down through the gears sequentially when downshifting or do you skip a gear(s)? There are several places at each track I run that require a downshift of more then one notch ie. 5 to 3, or 5 to 2 etc. I tried skipping a gear but have never been very good at it. I found it disrupted my rhythm and did more harm then good. So I go through each gear on every corner as required. Found it was easier to be consistent that way.

Wayne

Wayne - change your "show topics from" setting to the last year, and you'll find a pretty good discussion here on left foot braking.

------------------
    Earl
    ITA 240SX in process

Yup I think I was even involved with that topic. Left foot braking when done right is the bomb..

Toodles,
    Stacey_B
    Racy-Stacey
    SSGT2 winner...OLOA

------------------
    Toodles,
    Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

If you care to read the opinion from a rally driver/ex-IT racer on LFB and clutchless downshifting visit - http://www.greencountrymotorsports.com/php...er=asc&start=25

------------------
    M. E. "Mad Mike" Halley
    2003 SCCA ProRally Production Driver Champion

The flip side of the coin is that a lot of road racers simply use too much brake and RFB just makes it easier to overdo it...

K