Originally posted by Bill Miller:
Stephen,

I don't really know anything about the Audi chassis, but I can't imagine it's that much different than any of the VW

Hey Bill,

Ya the big difference is that the engine faces the other direction. and since it's five cylenders it also weighs a lot more. then the big difference is that almost the entire engine sits in front of the front wheels!!! the edge of the hood is at the edge of the engine, they really crammed it in there. It makes it almost impossible for engine swaps, all the rally cars cut the front of the car in the center behind the bumper and where the hood latch is so they can take them out without taking all the accessories of the engine first. I think this is illigal for IT though. So I think we have alot more weight in front of the front wheels which probally causes a lot of the turn in problems. We also need to invest in a rear swaybar, but I don't know anyone that makes one besides Blaufergnugan and that one is really for street use. we have been planning on designing one but not sure how to start and what to use!!!

By the way I think you raced against my brother and I at Pocono the begining of the year at the double. Where you pitted next to the other coupe that was there??

Stephen