Thread: Looking for Road Atlanta video...

Default Looking for Road Atlanta video...

Hi, I'm looking for some decent in-car video from Road Atlanta. If you have some on either DVD or VHS and would be willing to share it with me, I'd really appreciate it. Of course I'll reimburse you for any expenses.

[email protected]

Thanks!!!

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER ITB #13
    '87 Honda Prelude si

I have a ton of video I can send you from last year... Hopefully it will be the same speeds you are going to run when you go this year . I will send the qualifying sessions that put me on Poll . Be patient though as it might take me a little bit to convert it. I don't have much free time, and I will need to go to NH and convert it to VHS from Dads place. I am guessing you are in no rush and want it to study for the ARRC?

I will try and get my bro to give sum video up also, as he has a bit of a different style and was able to qualify .01 seconds behind me for off pole.

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing.

Go to specmiatavideos.com awesome footage from a few viewpoints...and a video of haans stuck at nordschlieff awesome website for videos...

------------------
    Evan Darling
    ITA Integra

Yeah, you're on to me. I'd like to see some video before making the haul for the ARRC. From what I understand it is a pretty challenging track and takes time to get used to especially with the blind turns. It would be way cool if I'm able to go about the same speeds! I really appreciate it!!!

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER ITB #13
    '87 Honda Prelude si

Dave-

Honestly, I think that the track is easier to learn than Lime Rock, and the "downhill" is not nearly as scary or difficult as the downhill at Lime Rock... It is totally blind, but honestly you can really be almoast anyplace on the track cresting the hill at the speeds of our cars. Their are a few tricky turns, but once you have driven one session you should have it down (enough to know where you are going). After that it is getting up the nerve to go fast... sorta reminds me of the Glenn in that aspect with all the high speed turns.

Watch the Video's and run the test day on Thursday, and you will be fine. Last years test day was my first time running the track at speed, and the next day I did pritty well

Oh and keep of the rumble strips in 10a/10b. I went fast but they did a number on my suspension last year

oh and one other tip for 10a... (the left hander at the end of the stright). At the apex is a dip and if you try trail braking you will likely spin!!! (Opps, did I do that once :-P)

Raymond

http://russmarshall.com/video

------------------
    Russ Marshall
    #31 IT-7

10A has been changed, much smoother at the apex then it was last year and less curbing. Jim Daniels or Todd Buras videos from Road Atlanta is a good way to start, they both know how to get around the track fast.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.

Go to spec miata .com and search "road atlanta fast lap" there is a very good written description of a lap....WOW !!

There is (or was) a good video of Alex Muresan in a CRX here:

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/RoadRacing/V...rack_videos.htm

The site is down now. Don't know if it is down forever.
    I have a copy of the video, but I can't host it.