Thread: Officially a pro racer now...,

Default Officially a pro racer now...,

Well it's official. I've finally acheived the rank of professional race car driver.

I just received a check from the Carolina Cup pro series for 33 dollars and change for my first place finish at CMP earlier this year.

I actually got second, first wasnt registered with CCPS, and there were only three cars total in ITB, but I'm not letting this steal any of my glory.

I think I will get it framed and placed on the garage wall...wait a second, I cant do that, as every spare freakin cent goes into this damn addiction.
    Anyways, I was wondering if there is a forum out there for us "pro" racers, as I dont think I can associate with all you "amatuer"' racers anymore

You know, I told myself I wouldnt let the fame go to my head when this happened

Better get a lawyer and an accountant on retainer...

yes, and my accountant says I'm still in the red
    these checks are going to have to get a lot bigger if I'm going to make a living at this...

Dang, we went to school together and you've already broken out into the big time! I've been left behind already, man, down and out. Don't spend all of that in one place!

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

Zoo, if at all possible, you sould run all CCPS races in a season. If you finish in the top 3 in points, you get a decent payout at the end of the year (based on the number of cars in your class). I think there were 6 S cars, I finished 3rd and got about $200. First place Spec M got a $1000 I think.

Not bad to get paid something for having fun.

The IRS, DoJ, and Homeland Security watch these threads for documentation to use when you get audited. Make sure you declare that...

K

Wow! You can celebrate by filling half the tank on the tow vehicle, or change the oil on the car if you hurry!!!

Originally posted by zooracer:
    I think I will get it framed and placed on the garage wall...wait a second, I cant do that, as every spare freakin cent goes into this damn addiction.
    Do what I did when I turned 'pro' 15 years ago and also needed every spare cent for the car: Color copy the check, cash it and frame the copy!

I've since advanced beyond the various pro series to amateur hobby level vintage racer.

yes, I plan to run as many of these CCPS races as possible. I dont understand why more people dont run it?
    The turn out seems pretty low.
    I mean, the run time is like 45 min. and there is a chance of coming away with some money, so why isnt it more popular?
    Anybody going to Lowes in June?
    matt

I've asked that question too. Lots of time, and some actual money. Might be why they are going to do a trial event with NASA for no points, the SCCA sort of crowds them out I think.

I've run every one I could, only missed one due to fire, but I plan to run the one next weekend at CMP and at Lowe's if I've got a car.

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited May 21, 2005).]

You realize now that you've earned money from this venture, you'll need a comercial Drivers license to tow your car to the track.

But, you can probably show a loss on your racing and be able to deduct the expenses!

P.S. Now that your a pro, maybe you can get an Isaac for free, because they'll get so much exposure.

[This message has been edited by Mark LaBarre (edited May 21, 2005).]

yes, the phone has been ringing off the hook from potential sponsors. I have to turn half of them away...
    I wont be making CMP, but will definitely be at Lowes.
    See ya there

zooracer,

do you need drivers now? I race for beer...