I've sort of come to the conclusion, rightly or wrongly, that data acqusition would be the best thing to improve my driving times except for seat time, which I'm doing the best I can with.

I had pretty much figured the DL-1 would be the way to go for my budget and means, but I saw this one:

www.traqmate.com

I've not investigated it fully, but one advantage I really like with this unit is that the complete system, for $1000, has an in-car lap time display. I'd thought about a in-car lap timer instead of a GPS system because I figured it would really be useful.

For example, drive the track the same except change up one corner and figure out what is best through there, then move on to the next problem area. With the real time feed back you can see right away if what you did had any affect, instead of getting back to the pits and thinking "Hmmmm, I think on lap eight I was braking eariler, but that might have been on ten."

Anyhow, seems like this would be the best of both worlds with a GPS and in-car timer built in. Software doesn't look to bad either.

Any comments on this thing?

Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS