Thread: BTW Fuel Cells are Fragile.....

Default BTW Fuel Cells are Fragile.....

I just got my new ATL fuel cell directly from ATL via UPS today. The funny thing was he box was covered by Fragile stickers and the word Fragile was written on all sides of the box.

The fuel cell is FIA rated and can withstand a crash etc but it is fragile when it gets into UPS hands.

Originally posted by RonInSD:
    I just got my new ATL fuel cell directly from ATL via UPS today. The funny thing was he box was covered by Fragile stickers and the word Fragile was written on all sides of the box.

The fuel cell is FIA rated and can withstand a crash etc but it is fragile when it gets into UPS hands.

Hey, I'd rather not have my fuel cell 'field tested' before I get it!!

BTW, was that one of those ATL Lucky Strike / BAR cells? Maybe that inner tank is fragile!

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by Bill Miller:

Hey, I'd rather not have my fuel cell 'field tested' before I get it!!

BTW, was that one of those ATL Lucky Strike / BAR cells? Maybe that inner tank is fragile!

We all know what Fragile means to UPS. "How far and how hard can I throw it...."

Yeah it has the special hidden surge tank for the main surge tank. But I don't think I need the fuel ballast to make minimum weight.

[This message has been edited by RonInSD (edited May 10, 2005).]

Ron
    Be glad that your cell came to you undamaged through the UPS system.
    I ship ATL fuel cells via UPS all the time and it never ceases to amaze me what they can do to a package.
    My favorite was the cell that was sent to a customer right here in Virginia. Somehow UPS managed to flatten a 15 gallon cell. It looked like a pancake, the box was destroyed, the cell should have been about 20 inches tall but was only about four inches tall when the customer saw it. And UPS still tried to deliver it! There were tire tracks on the box so it was pretty obvious what they did to it.
    The teamsters never cease to amaze me with what they can do.
    cheers
    dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97

What can Brown do to you today?

------------------
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division

We received a $1000 Recaro seat back in the rallying days that the trucking company had speared with a forklift. Right through the back of the seat. Ka-ching!

K

I've had some 'interesting' UPS adventures. Way back when, I ordered my first 'hop-up' part for my Rabbit GTI. It was a lower stress bar. Pkg came, had obviously been opened and re-sealed, and had some kind of splined and machined shaft (certainly not a lower stress bar, and most definately more expensive). Problem was, it was a Neuspeed box. I'm sure someone in the warehouse saw it and figured that whatever was in there was going to be good for his car (back then, the A2's had just come out, and Neuspeed pretty much only sold stuff for VW's and Porsches).

Another time, I had ordered 4 tires for my p/u from Tire Rack. These were 265/75/16 M&S tires. Never came, called, was told that they were devlivered. Further info said that they were delivered to a different house. Person at that house was 72 y/o woman who never saw them (lived down the street from me). Ended up getting another set from TR, but never found out what happened to them (or the driver that stole them!).

I've also have various boxes that were folded, spindled, stapled, and mutilated.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

Way back when I worked in Charlotte I had the misfortune to deal with Brown on a daily basis. The difference between Brown and FedEx was that I talked to them often enough to know the life story of my rep (her horses the kids, the husband) and I didn't even know my FedEx rep's name because on the rare occasions that I did have to call them, whoever answered the phone was empowered to make things right immediately.

I eventually threw Brown out and freed up two hours plus a week immediately in eased admin burden.

When I ship tires I ship Fedex......Brown has f***ed me too many times......tires in a box...gimme a break !!!

You know what is the same color as Brown.....

sh*t.....

enough said..

ps..Fedex is no angel either though...but the lesser of two evils...

------------------
    Phil Phillips
    2004 Honda Challenge H3
    NASA ECHC CHAMPION

www.philstireservice.com

I have much better expierance with UPS over FedEx. Both have never lost nor damaged packages BUT FedSux loves leaving things right at the door if I am not home. My last hockey jersey order came via FedSux and despite a note on the door to take it to the office it was kindly ignored and 350 bucks of merchandise was left at the door. Not good when I live on the first floor. All the UPS drivers know to take it to the rental office if we aren't home.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.