Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping the car clean at the track

One of the best stress-relievers I know before a race is to spray down the car with windex and wipe off each panel. A spray bottle of somewhat diluted windex seems to work best and is cheap.
    I keep the car on jackstands between sessions unless there is a real quick turnaround so that tires and brakes can be checked(I started racing with RX3's and they needed constant maintenance to be fast)and do a quick bolt/nut check at the end of the day. You quickly learn which ones tend to loosen and to watch.
    Hopefully this is all preventive maintenance and you will have time to watch or help someone else flail away at their car, regardless of national origin.

(laughing very hard and wondering how if a clean car goes faster then a dirty car).

If the windshield is clean, Chris will drive it. That is the only thing he is picky about. Otherwise it has to get pretty bad at the track before HE worries about it. But they always get a good bath and wax before the ARRC or the Runoffs. (Don't look under the hood; most of you would be appalled at his lack of concern about aesthetics)

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

If dirty car were slow I would be able to get close to Chris's times. But I don't think it makes a differnce Chris is always fast.

Originally posted by Joe Harlan:
    Mcguires quick detailer gets the rubber marks off and shines the car nice.
    Me too.

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    GB Racing<A HREF="http://groups.msn.com/TheGonzalezFamilyRichySheilaandNyah/projectitacrx.msnw" TARGET=_blank>
    #24 ITA CRX For Sale LOW PRICE $7000.00</A>
    LAMIN-X Protective Films

Originally posted by whenry:
    ...do a quick bolt/nut check at the end of the day. You quickly learn which ones tend to loosen and to watch.
    Toque Seal...a $3.00 tube and you can visually nut and bolt all the important stuff in less than a minute.