OK, jump in with all four wheels!

1) Thanks to the ITAC for everything they have done and are doing to make IT the place to race. I don't like the fact the things like coilovers and camber/caster plates ($$$$$$) have wormed their way into the rules, but at this time I'm not even considering building a 'killer' engine, just want to have a good time and race with someone, anyone.

2) I would love to see IT become National classes. One of the resons why I chose the car that I did (other that really liking it) was that fact that with modification, it car run in IT, EP or GT3. However that would take at minimum, removing headlights, since they are not retractable.

I can't remember exactly, but back in '66 when I first joined SCCA, there were very few 'Regional only' classes (anyone remember how long FVee was 'Regional only' before it went National - how about FFord?)

IT is at about the same preparation level as Production was back then. What's the matter with racing Nationally to those specifications again?

The car class structure in SCCA has evolved over the years and will (and should) continue to evolve. (How many of you remember A,B,C, and D Sedan, C, D, E, F, G and H Mod, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H Production?)

My only reservation with IT going National is that there will be more racers spending the big bucks to win at the National level, and will decide to also compete at the Regional level, making things more difficult for the more modest budget oriented racers to do well. Remember, I already placed myself back in the pack by choice of car. Also, fair, resonable, enforcable rules must be in place.

Just to let you kind of know where I am coming from, I race karts every week, and the drivers I race with are in the top 10% of all the people that race there. I don't have the fastest time most of the time, but just being able to have some good knock down drag out dices at that level (one of our group is a three time SCCA National Champion) once in a while is really rewarding.

The only request that I would make of the ITAC is to request that the National office accumulate Regional class participation numbers. The last time I requested Regional results for Topeka, they said to check for race results on the individual Regions' websites (hard to do when not all regions have web sites).

Sorry for the long post. Worked all weekend getting the trailer ready for the season, so don't have the energy for a really long one!

Race safe!!

------------------
Bill Stevens
Mbr 103106
BnS Racing
83 ITA Shelby Dodge Charger