Thread: Willing Volunteer in NC

Default Willing Volunteer in NC

I've been racing Karts with my son for the past 7 or 8 years. We are phasing out of the karts and starting to build Porshe 944's for IT/PCA racing. I'm busy with work and the kart business through February, but it would be great if my son could get some experience working on some cars in the shop or at the track. He's still in high school, but has transportation. We are in Statesville, NC.

Don't rule out the 944Cup w/NASA...(shameless plug, sorry). They will be running all around the Southeast neighborhood, VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta, Rockingham, Roebling Road.

I'm sure you and your son are more than welcome to come check it out and/or help crew on any race weekend.

check the schedule...
    http://southeast.44cup.com

Thanks.
    I didn't mean to rule out 944 cup, I've just been concentrating on the differences in the PCA rules and the SCCA IT rules because it looks like if we're legal in both of those, I should be OK for 944 Cup. We do plan on racing everywhere we can eventually.

It would be nice to hook up with a local team before heading to the track. If that fails, we'll try the other way: Look for teams at the track that would be reasonably local.

As an ex-944er in ITS, they are not the most competative (but a blast to drive!!) Unless you plan on doing a full blown turbo in ITE. But you'll need 400-500 HP

I wish the 944 cup had come up to the Northeast, I might have held onto the car.

Good luck!!

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi

Originally posted by JLawton:
    As an ex-944er in ITS, they are not the most competative (but a blast to drive!!) Unless you plan on doing a full blown turbo in ITE. But you'll need 400-500 HP

I wish the 944 cup had come up to the Northeast, I might have held onto the car.

Good luck!!

Jeff what times did you get down to in your 944 when you had it? Was it the white one from a few years back?

Stephen
    ITB Audi Coupe

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Jeff what times did you get down to in your 944 when you had it? Was it the white one from a few years back?

Stephen
    ITB Audi Coupe
    No, the slow, black with yellow 944. 74K on the original engine and head, 2 year old GSRs, 1:05 at LRP. I'm sure if I pumped another $15K into it I could have gotten down to 1:04 Considering that's still 3 seconds off the faster ITS cars.........

I think Russ used to get down into the 1:03s when he was running his.

------------------
    Jeff L
    #74 ITB GTi