Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallett vs Mid America. Which is better?

I've driven both and Hallett has more challenges than MAM. I like MAM in that its all new and roomy and clean feeling and the people are nice and the track is fast and helps you stretch out a fast car.
    Hallet is older and has a kick back kinda feel to it. The track has lots of elevation changes and you feel like your always turing. Much like a stretch out autocross. This track favors a slower car. Also I think the cleaner driver will shine better at Hallett. Its not as critical to hit your marks at Mid America. Personally I would run at either course for what they both can offer. My group - ProbeTalk.com has rented both tracks before and for ease of renting and sales and other stuff, MAM went smoother and the people were more accomindating. That was a few years ago.

Whatever you choose I think you will enjoy it.

------------------
    Toodles,
    Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

Originally posted by P Sherm:
    Jarrod: Are they paving the road from the north side into the track only?

As I understand it, the entire gravel road from the exit off of the interstate to the front gate of the track will be paved.

Jarrod

Originally posted by nannini:
    I am in Nor California. Sounds like everyone likes Hallett and nobody has been to Mid America.

2 years ago I towed out to race in NorCal (Sears, and Laguna) from Texas. I've raced at Hallet too but not MAM. I thoroughly enjoyed racing out there with you guys but I'd have to say the tow was grueling. Although fun, Hallet does not hold a candle to the NorCal courses. (my vote would be save the tow money and race more in NorCAl!!)

Whatever you chose, enjoy your adventure