Well, I did it! I put an offer on the RX-7 and it was accepted. I did this without any partners, thanks in part to comments on this board, and in part to watching the E prod runoffs on Speed TV this weekend. I'd kill the guy if he did that to my half!

My name is Steve, I'm in Brookfield, and I appreciate any input. I'll remain "newbie" until I get my competition licence (other than the Skip Barber one I have).

Anyways, the car was built by Speed Source, the guys that won the Grand Am series in 2004 in RX-8's. The setup is complete, so I will not "NEED" anything else in terms of go-faster accessories. Just lots of seat time. It has a few races on the motor, comes with an extra gear box (that is supposed to be the weak point of the car...besides no torque), all log books, canisters for the reservoir shocks incase ITS allows them in the future, and about 20 tires. Needless to say I'm very excited.

If my wife finds out, she will be a little upset since we are still in the discussion stage. She's concerned about insurance, any ideas???

I need a trailer, I'm thinking open since it's lighter, and want to pull it with my Mitsibishi Montero Sport. I need storage too.

So, where do you guys go for track time? I'd like to get out early and often in 2005.

Steve