The 240sx, as the result of the drifting craze, is way overpriced currently.

These cars are popular with the "drifters" because they have terrible rear traction in stock form (even worse than the Z)........especially for novice drivers.

For the Z car, best bet is a 1987-1989 with analog dash. Don't bother looking for a slicktop because they are rare.

I'm six five and have gotten a few deep bruises on my upper leg when entering the 240sx and hitting the e.brake lever.........no problems with the Z at all.

One thing I have noticed about the SX versus the ZX crowd is that the SX crowd seems to throw silly money at them while the Z guys make an effort to be economical about improving performance but I do have some friends running 880cc injectors and the huge HP they can support.

If the car has been kept up and maintained, mileage is not much of an issue as my current 1987 300zx has 280k on the original engine and runs great.......but I had to replace the trans and diff mount as well as timing belt, tensioner, coolant tube to rad hose, front engine seals, and a couple of power steering lines.

Florida is a good place to get one and I would check the classifieds at z31.com as most there aren't trying to get much more than they would pay for one.

One more thing to consider is why he is showing interest in cars famous for oversteer as a novice will eventually get into trailing throttle oversteer on a decreasing radius turn with predictable consequences.

[This message has been edited by Prince Makaha (edited October 17, 2004).]