Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240z, 1st gen RX-7, or mki MR2 for IT?

I ran a 85 MR2 my first year and liked the car very much. I am still on the fence about selling it or not, I realy do not want to but who needs two IT cars? It was a great car to start out with. The only problem that I had was with a blown clutch and who knows how much it had been run before I got it. I strongly echo what Jake said, I went through 2 sets of tires (300+ at school on one set and used them for two more events) I never had to change the pads, and the little sucker ran every time, and it is different I gotta be different but there is a price to pay for that. I could keep up with the RX7's and did very well in the rain when only one Honda showed up. Why do I not run it anymore...I got my school and first season out of the way, then built the car I always wanted to run.

I still think the MR2 will make its way to B (if the other proposed changes / cars go) at some point. Maybe at a higher weight?

I'm very familiar with Jake's MR2 and would highly recommend it to people esp. from the list of cars that was mentioned. Although there are not many MR2s running SCCA, you still benefit from getting good off the shelf performance parts for it such as shocks. (I'm certainly doing things the hard way)

The weight distribution is great. Wow that thing can brake with Jake driving it.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    ...remember also that happened ONLY because the top 2 E36's got DQ'd for the PLACEMENT of their ballast. Otherwise, in 2002, they dominated.

AB

240z won ARRC in 2000"CW", 2001"CW", 2002"JW" ....ugghh...but we still need to add weight to the 325s Engine/suspension development results in the last 2 years I feel have far exceeded what SCCA expected.

Raptor, I would race what I enjoy...Zs are fun. keep your brakes cool and all the nuts & bolts tightened, it'll be fun for a bargain compared to some of the prices for front running Rx7s, and 325s...
    I'd vote for a 240z any day....especially after all the rewards weights are handed out

David Spillman
    240z SEDIV #18
    truck fixed, car ready and trailer loaded, Chomping at the bit, ready for my first 04 race!!!!