Thread: Koni Rebuilds

Default Koni Rebuilds

I need to know who/ where I can get Koni Struts rebuilt. I need them done in 1 week so I have them in time to put in for the NARRC Runnoffs. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I am willing to pay for 1 day shipping if necassary. Please don't be afraid of plugs for yourself by the time the moderators lock the thread I'll have your number so feel free to give me any info you may have!

Thanks
    Stephen
    ITB Audi Coupe
    NER SCCA
    RSTPerformance.com
    Concord NH
    603-228-1254

Stephen,

I am betting it will be real hard to do this in a week. We use Truechoice or Ground Control.

I would get some new ones made/shipped and yhen do a deal on the cores when you send them back. It may be the only way.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
    New England Region R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

I was lucky my JH came with Konis, which are now basically Unobtainium nowadays.

I sent them to TrueChoice for rebuild but it wasn't cheap nor fast. $95 per shock and about a 3 week wait. Also they DID NOT replace any bushings or hats on the shocks - quite poor in my opinion - to leave the old stuff in place. I'll be looking for another place to have my fronts done.

------------------
    Ron
    http://www.gt40s.com
    Lotus Turbo Esprit
    BMW E36 M3
    RF GT40 Replica
    Jensen-Healey: IT prep progressing!

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited September 16, 2004).]

Lee, crxLee on the honda-tech road race forum, works for Koni, he is very motorsports oriented. Look him up and maybe he could hook you up with some quick service. I know everyone on that board who has dealt with him praises his work

Thanks Guys!

I am going to bring them to Ohio with me tomorrow and see if the Koni Trailer will be able to take a look at them during the week. Hopefully they will be able to fix them out there. we shall see. If not It looks like we woill be running them the way they are at the NARRC. I'd rather run them blown then not run at all

Stephen

Stephen,

Try Bruce's Speed Shop in NJ (Rt 46 in Rockaway, IIRC). I know he's an authorized Bilstein rebuilder, and I believe he also does Afco, Carrera, and possibly Koni. I have no idea how long it would take to turn them around, but I suspect anything can be done for the right price.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608