Earl,
Mine was a Silver/blue (I painted it the same as the 2004 VW toureg). I was the only Viper in the 400 car field. There was a White Panoz I was pacing for about 3 laps. It kinda looks like a Viper if you ask me...

Your assessment on 3 is correct for me especially. I "tiptoed it". Watched a few go off and spin during friday, and had to avoid
the White GT3 Cup once, and some yellow GT2 car another time cresting the apex. If I was experienced with the turn, and my goals were to try and compete for a wooden plaque, I would have hit it harder there, and also 10. I wasnt giving up too much in 4, as I smoked my brakes real good there around lap 10. I put one wheel off (rear passenger) on turn-in at 3 during the race and that made things interesting! That puckered me up good too. The fast guys in ITE (1:19-1:22) are probably real good there and the setup at 6 for the exit at 8. I know there is some serious time to be made down there. Even for a big pig car like mine.

I got to watch my group from the stands sat afternoon since I didnt race monday. It was real fun watching the group from the other side of the windshield. I really got a kick outta watching that ITE Civic (yes civic!) come barreling down the chute on 3 wheels!
Wanted to go say "hi" to that guy but never saw him after that. Summit really has some nice spots to watch the action on track.