Thread: SPOKANE AS REG/NAT SITE

Default SPOKANE AS REG/NAT SITE

OK listen up all you Oregon/Washington Prod/IT/SCCA racers in general. I spent some time with the owner of Spokane Raceway park today and he is very receptive to whatever it will take to get the track approved for SCCA racing. one of the proposals we discussed was a contract involving us putting in the scca required corner curbing in for a reduced track rental over a period of time, we will be talking about him taking care of bringing the corner stations safety issues up to SCCA specs and he agreed to make sure the drag strip median would not be a safety issue. I drove around the track today several laps and I think this could be an excellent addition to the northwest racing venues. I will be contacting the RE's from both Oregon and Washington regions along with the Continental series people locally to see if we can get this together. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl Brightwell

Hey Daryl,
    Going to try and shake things up in yor new region already, I like it. Hey do you think you will be able to make it down for the Western states shoot out?

------------------
    Ron Carroll
    REC Motorsports Inc.
    #52 ITA integra

Hi Ron, yes im going try and make that one for sure, just got a rumor another road course is opening this fall here about 50 miles from me, that will make three tracks within 4 hrs. its lookin up.

ICSCC uses Spokane as one of it's venues. Most drivers like the layout of the track. One concern many drivers in conference have with the track is the lack of runoff area and the potential for some real bad accidents. Some drivers simply skip the race for that reason.

------------------
    Peter Linssen
    ITE Volvo 740 Turbo
    ITB Opel Manta
    www.mvpvolvo.com
    Oregon Region