Thread: SM ITS legal?

Default SM ITS legal?

Does the 94-97 SM need to change anything to be legal to run ITS?
    Mac

I'm not sure about ITS but I believe the only thing keeping the SM crowd from running ITA are those 15" wheels, gotta run the 14".

I crew for an ITS Miata and the only difference when we started running the Enduro was the 14' wheels required for IT vs the 15" required for SM. ITS/A allows a lot more mods. If you are SM (or in the Northeast SSM, etc) you should not have a problem as long as you have the right wheels.

Originally posted by therooster:
    If you are SM (or in the Northeast SSM, etc) you should not have a problem as long as you have the right wheels.
    This would be a REALLY good time to remind you all that the ITAC and the CRB have a proposal on the list for the August (thanks for the date correction George!) BoD vote that would allow ALL IT cars to run at least a 15" wheel... PLEASE take a moment and e-mail/phone/stop-in-the-hall any area directors you can contact and tell them you support this proposal! It DOES make a difference...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

Kill switch and steering wheel lock removal weren't required before the GCR version of SM, not sure if they are now required.

Either way, you'll need both to be 100% IT legal.

My year miata came with factory 15" wheels. So does that mean I can run 15" in ITS? We have kill switch and the steering lock fixed. I won't be even close to the rest of the ITS cars, but I would like to be legal.
    Mac