Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Annual ImprovedTouring.com ARRC Gathering

I have the following dates. Not quite sure where I got them, but I know it was from somewhere on the Internet. Maybe Atlanta region?

November 5th-7th: ARRC at Road Atlanta

As for the motor home, I'd be more than happy if someone let me and the crew stay in something like that. It'll be my first trip to Road Atlanta so things should be exciting enough! Maybe I'll even have to make it down a day early for the test day...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

November 5th-7th is correct according to the Road Atlanta and SEDIV websites.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

Originally posted by planet6racing:
    ...November 5th-7th: ARRC at Road Atlanta

...It'll be my first trip to Road Atlanta so things should be exciting enough!
    Yeah, especially the first time you plunge down T12!

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">As for the motor home, I'd be more than happy if someone let me and the crew stay in something like that...</font>
    Tell you what. I did some checking and found one of those RV rental chains with an outlet in eastern Atlanta. The biggest thing they have is a 30 footer that sleeps 7.

(I already said I'd buy the beer, so that's another $1,200. )

The problem is logistics. I'll probably fly up Thursday night/Friday morning and fly back Sunday. The RV can't be returned until Monday, so someone has to pick up and return it, either an Atlanta Region volunteer or yourself.

Either way, I'll cover it. But someone has to fetch it.

Gregg

[This message has been edited by gsbaker (edited March 11, 2004).]

Gregg...are you kiddin' me?????

That is just soooooo cool of you! I have a feeling that somehow, some way, we will get the logistics handled!!!

Will there be a sign on the door to the effect of: "HANS wearers not welcome here"????

Or, "Hot tub is for Isaac users only"??

This is shaping up to be pretty cool!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by lateapex911:
    Gregg...are you kiddin' me?????
    We never kid here at Isaac, LLC. We are a bunch of gearhead geeks. Smiling is not allowed.

Hey, the company will cover my travel. The least I can do is pitch in for the party.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">That is just soooooo cool of you! I have a feeling that somehow, some way, we will get the logistics handled!!!</font>
    Good, because I can't do that part long distance. Either a local handles it or an out-of-towner spends an extra day or so shuffling the hardware around.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Will there be a sign on the door to the effect of: \"HANS wearers not welcome here\"????</font>
    Now Jake, HANS wearers are always welcome. I could get a banner that reads, "Mobile Central Command." I suppose that if Bill hangs there, he would be the Central Commander.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Or, \"Hot tub is for Isaac users only\"?? </font>
    I'm not sure the rental package includes a hot tub. (Damn.) And we still need to swing the golf cart.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">This is shaping up to be pretty cool!</font>
    Last year was a major grin. I hope to see the NE crowd there in force.

And a repeat of the ITA race--probably the best of the weekend. If Bill gets mixed up in that group he will have a very exciting trip.

Gregg

[This message has been edited by gsbaker (edited March 11, 2004).]

We'll probably be tent camping, likely over near T3/T4, but we'll definitely drop by to say "hi" and quaff a beer or two.

Gregg, I think you left a few items off the list:

A: Hooter's Girls to serve us drivers and crews wings (we all go there for the food anyway)
    B: Entertainment: I think ISSAC should hire the Motor City Madman to play for us. (any other Ted Nugent fans here)
    C: I think as drivers we deserve and should be supplied (by ISSAC) umbrella girls. Hey, we're as good of drivers as the big boys. most of us are better.
    D: an ongoing shuttle system into Atlanta along with complimentary pocket change to spend at a seedy Atlanta gentleman's club. I'd think about $100.00 per driver will do for a start. However Gregg, you need to be available to resupply us should we run short during our stay there.

Looking forward to sseing you guys at the ARRC this year. Am bringing the IT7 up to play this year.

Mike Cox
    IT7 # 37
    CFR

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited March 11, 2004).]

Geez! You all are a greedy bunch! I'll just be happy with someplace warm and dry to sleep. If it comes down to it, I've always got my van!

Gregg, thanks for the offers. However, I respectfully decline the position of Chief Commander. That clearly belongs to you.

I don't even have my car completely together yet and I'm already planning this trip. Maybe I need to shift my priorities back to what they were last week...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Mike,

Don't forget the hot tub attendant.

Gregg

I wish Atlanta wasn't so damn far away, this sounds like a great time.

Dragging the car there is pretty much out of the question, but I'm up for flagging a corner. I'll have to check my frequent flier mileage balance.

How far is it from Albuquerque to Atlanta anyway?

Ty

Originally posted by planet6racing:
    Maybe I'll even have to make it down a day early for the test day...

Bill, as someone who visited the track for the first time at the ARRC last year: ABSOLUTELY do whatever you can to make it to the test day.

I had an in-car tape from a friend who was there in 2002, as well as an instructional video borrowed from someone who has done the schools there several times.

It STILL took me most of the practice day to get comfortable enough to push the car...not to mention keeping the gas pedal flat under the bridge and down the hill through 12.

Besides, if you're gonna haul all the way down there for the event, the $$ and one additional vacation day are minor in the overall scheme of things.

Look forward to seeing you again, Gregg!

Jarrod

***Posted by Greg***

***The problem is logistics. We'll probably fly up Thursday night/Friday morning and fly back Sunday. The RV can't be returned until Monday, so someone has to pick up and return it, either an Atlanta Region volunteer or yourself.

Either way, we'll cover it. But someone has to fetch it.***

Will fetch for dry/warm place to sleep. Greg, keep in mind this message is comming from a Wisconsin racer & he don't sleep in November next to a burn barrel with a tarp overhead. No race car, this will just be a playen deal.

Have Fun
    David

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited March 11, 2004).]

It's about 1,400 miles from Albuquerque to Atlanta. Road Atlanta is about 60 miles from the airport.

We can always use more flaggers, keep an eye out for details on Atlanta Region's website.

Bob Hudson
    Asst Flag Chief

I agree about the test day if you've never driven Road Atlanta before. Turn 12 can take some getting used to. "No, left foot, stay down, stay down, who cares about the home equity loan!" "Oh look, I'm in the grass under the flag station!"
    And you brake earlier for t5 and t7 than it appears. If you give up some on t6 you'll get it back and more thru t7 and the back straight.
    Same with t5 and the short straight after.

I'm not trying to be an expert, thats just where I have a tendency to screw up.

Tom

BEER
    SATELITE TV
    MOTO 62 MUSIC
    HOT TUB
    HOOTER'S GIRLS
    UMBBRELLA GIRLS
    BURN BARRLELS? (don't you need a perment for that?)
    man who woudn't want to go!!!

Lou I.
    NER ITA RX7 #79

We can always use more flaggers, keep an eye out for details on Atlanta Region's website.

-------------------------------------------

I've only flagged once and don't have an F&C license. Is that a problem? RMDiv's crash & burn has already happened for this year; I'm not sure I can get a license now. Maybe I could do something that doesn't require one such as work in registration or something.

------------------
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division

Hey Bill, how about I pull my car down to your beer city and hook my trailer onto the back of yours. We can then take turns driving the race car trailer train down to the track. I'm small so I can sleep on a tool chest or something.

Free Isaac for the guy who can hold his breath in the hot tub the longest? I think the real challange wouldn't be holding your breath, but staying under water that has been sat in by the people in our crew after a long day of racin'.

Originally posted by JIgou:
    It STILL took me most of the practice day to get comfortable enough to push the car...not to mention keeping the gas pedal flat under the bridge and down the hill through 12...

Look forward to seeing you again, Gregg!

Jarrod
    Hello Jarrod. How's it going?

Are you taking notes Bill? You and I have both been on Road American at Elkhart Lake, and I have driven Road Atlanta. They are both long courses with elevation changes, but the difference is that Road Atlanta has elevation changes in the corners--big sweepers too.

It can get a bit tricky. My problem was going into the esses. Always tempted to add too much throttle just as the road drops away. Bad combination.

Gregg

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    Will fetch for dry/warm place to sleep....

Have Fun
    David
    We have a volunteer!

It will be good to see you again David.

Gregg

My problem was that little right just after the left jog out of 1. I kept driving by it the first few laps.

I note that it isn't even present in that game Sports Car GT! How the heck are we supposed to learn if the darn sims are wrong!?!?

So, what's a good game that HAS an ACCURATE Road Atlanta, or, a good training tape?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]