Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual ImprovedTouring.com ARRC Gathering

Default First Annual ImprovedTouring.com ARRC Gathering

Well, now that Kirk has a car and a license, I thought it was about high time we all got together in one location so we could put names to faces. So, I'm proposing we all start planning now to attend the ARRC. I'm sure we could find a nice gathering place (although I haven't talked to anyone in the Atlanta region about any of this) and we could all shoot the bull and have a great time, especially when a Saturn wins ITA!!!

Anyway, post your thoughts on this. I figured if we started planning now, it might actually happen. Even if you don't want to race, come anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty of "barley" and stories to go around!

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

We will be attending hopefully with 3 Audi's... and we are always game for a party!!!

Raymond Blethen

I'm there.

BTW Bill, since you brought up the subject of planning ahead for racing events, will we see you at the next Rolex?

Gregg

Just totalled the car into turn one this weekend, but since I live less than half an hour from the track, I'll be there in November even if it is only as crew.

------------------
    Ony Anglade
    ITA Miata
    Sugar Hill, GA

The Nuts will be there, either as drivers or as course marshals. When you say "location" do you mean at the track or away from the track? A location at the track shouldn't be too difficult. Away from the track, there are so many options it may be tough to get people to agree. :-)

Ony,

E-mail me offline if you would...

[email protected]

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967

Hey, we tied to get you down there last year, Bill! (via Gregg at Isaac), so I'm glad to hear you have it in your plans for this time around.

We (the crew from New England that posts here who made the trip: Me, Dick ITA15, Greg Amy, RRAcer (Anthiny Serra), and our various friends) made a stop at dawn in NC to meet Kirk K. Which was cool, but we were all zombies from the drive, as ew hadn't slept that night.

It's a great idea, maybe the Atlata boys have suggestions about a good gathering spot.

Sorry to hear about your car Ony. (Met him at the AARRCS too!) Glad you're OK...anything salvable?

Regarding Kirk, I thought, but I could be wrong, that his car was showroom stock, which means he won't be there...

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by lateapex911 (edited March 08, 2004).]

Although we'll be on a limited race schedule this year, a return trip to the ARRC will definately be a part of the plan. Didn't do much socializing last trip other than a few hellos. A gathering of some sort sounds like an excellent plan Bill. Let's do it.
    Ray

I was thinking a gathering at the track would work best. There's something about driving for 2 days to get to a race that will make me not want to drive anymore than I have to when I'm there. Besides, Atlanta traffic, well, you know.

The problem with last year's ARRC was that I never really planned to go. As a result, no $$$ or vacation time for it. This year, everything is carefully mapped and, as long as I don't wreck my car, I'll be there with it. If I do wreck my car, I'll fly in for the race!

Now, to put the dates on the calendar at work to insure nothing can interrupt this...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Ony's co-owner here.....

Now Ony, you know we're going to have another car ready for the ARRC. So we'll be there as drivers!

Stan

------------------
    *** KimChi Racing ***
    Stan Mitchem
    Atlanta Region
    #11 ITA Miata

For an at-the-track gathering spot, I'd suggest something in the "back side" of the infield. For example, something back around the T5 "Spectator Hill" or so, since it's usually just a bunch of RVs back there, where the "front side" of the infield will have more tent campers and stuff. I don't remember if they do "vendor village" for the ARRC (it's on the hill overlooking the front stretch).

[This message has been edited by CaptainWho (edited March 09, 2004).]

Originally posted by CaptainWho:
    For an at-the-track gathering spot, I'd suggest something in the "back side" of the infield. For example, something back around the T5 "Spectator Hill" or so, since it's usually just a bunch of RVs back there...
    Excellent idea! Let's rent a big RV and put it in the infield.

Now what did I do with that photo.... Ah yes: http://www.isaacdirect.com/images/ARRC%202...07-0730_IMG.JPG

Originally posted by gsbaker:
    Excellent idea! Let's rent a big RV and put it in the infield.

Now what did I do with that photo.... Ah yes: http://www.isaacdirect.com/images/ARRC%202...07-0730_IMG.JPG

Geez Gregg, are you saying my car is a big RV?? Well it DOES have a passenger seat, so it probably seats 100% more than most other IT cars....I still want to know why Kimmie is smiling?!??!

(Hey Gregg, either shoot me an email or give me a call if you still have the cel number...Isaac stuff)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

RV, Canopy with outside heaters, and moto62 music sounds like fun to me...

Hey improvedtouring.com webmasters... wanna sponsor an "after party" for those that use improvedtouring.com?

Raymond Blethen

I'll buy the beer.

Gregg

[This message has been edited by gsbaker (edited March 11, 2004).]

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    RV, Canopy with outside heaters, and moto62 music sounds like fun to me...

Raymond Blethen
    I hope the outside Heaters are burn barrels! A race weekend just isn't the same without Dan's barrel!

Stephen

I hadn't thought that far ahead but will put the ARRC on my calendar. My problem is business travel: I just got (informally)informed that I'm expected to be at a conference the day of the VIR 13-hour enduro so I need to get a request for vacation in before that gets formalized.

K

That's why I thought this should get started now. I've already filed my Vacation request and have marked it "unchangeable."

Burn barrels? Heaters? Should I not plan to tent camp?

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

it can get cold at night, but it also can be warm... A warm sleeping bag should be fine though. During the day it is mighty warm!!! (for us NH people anyway).

A burn barrel is always fun and acceptable even if it is 100+ degrees...

So you mention that you guys/gals have made your vacation requests... Where is the date?

Thanks;

Raymond Blethen

Originally posted by planet6racing:
    ...Burn barrels? Heaters? Should I not plan to tent camp?
    Tent camp?! I think you should stay in the RV, Bill. After all, you will probably be designated Grand Pooba (sp?) of the FAIT.comARRCG by us IT posters. Right gang?

Now all we need is an RV. Time to write some specs. Let's see...

1) Canopy with outside heaters/burn barrel
    2) "Awesome sound system"
    3) Large fridge
    4) Grill
    5) Satellite hook up for Speed TV
    6) Hot tub
    7) Golf cart to shuttle everyone back and forth
    8) Designated golf cart driver

Yeah, one of those rock star-style motorhomes.

Gregg