Originally posted by JeffYoung:
Guys, I don't have the GCR handy, but doesn't it say factory OEM replacement parts or THEIR EXACT EQUIVALENT? Or something to that effect? So that if someone is making a 12A housing other than Mazda, that is identical to the Mazda 12A housing, you can use it?

For older cars, this is a must have. I've got two blocks, the original that came in the car (being built into a spare) and a Rover SD1 block that is in the car now. Exact same block that came in the TR8 in 1980, just probably from a same vintage Range Rover or Rover 3500. If I had to find one of only the 2200 or so blocks that originally went in the car, I'm out of luck.

So with the 12A, is it the case that an exact 12A replacement housing, identical to that originally installed, CAN'T be found anywhere? If so, I agree, this is a problem. The 1st Gen RX7 is too important to SCCA Road Racing now.
Jeff, I don't believe exact replacement are currently allowed except in the cases of gaskets and such. Darin has a new rule in the works to allow exact replacement for a larger group of parts, such as brake rotors.

THe rotor housing is one of those wild parts, that, when you see one, you know will never be made by anyone but Mazda!

A temporary outage is a problem, but more of an inconvienience. We can deal with that. A complete and forever outage is another issue, but it looks like thats not the case.

And Bill, read my post for my opinion on lead.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]