Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT National Issues Survey

Default IT National Issues Survey

I've put together an ad hoc survey asking for feedback on national-level issues relating to Improved Touring.

It is 12 questions long and should take only a few minutes to complete. I would appreciate it if you would do so, at...

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-...?p=WEB2EVNWQJYJ

Thanks in advance for your input!

Kirk

I am complete. Care to share your hypothesis? IT as a National class or is it something more?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    I am complete.
    Me too... Kirk... be sure to keep us up on the results... I'd be interested to see what people have to say...

DJ

There is no hypothesis - this is what we call an exploratory study. I just took some broad "national issues" that have been discussed and tried to itemize them, to break up wobbly constructs.

The survey is live for 10 days and I'll share the results when it's all done. Feel free to point others at the instrument, who might not see reference to it here.

Ciao.

K

To add a little something that fits with a survey.

How many individual IT cars are raced each year & how many races does each IT car do ?

Same question for each National class. Specifically the Production class.

& please don't anyone go into any long winded rants about IT is a Regional only class. Maybe if someone had some FACTS IT deserves a place at the National table. At the very least if someone had the FACTS maybe the SCCA would ask the question if the IT owners/drivers had a desire to have a National class. If my business was the manager of SCCA road racing I would know the FACTS of how many cars raced in each class at Regional & National each year.

I look forward to the survey exploratory study results.

Have Fun
    David

If you have posted anything about this on other boards, please let me know where. I want to be able to follow up with results when the survey is done.

Thanks!

Kirk

Kirk, if your comment is towards my post the answer is I have posted the same info on other sites & there is ZERO response. IMHU the SCCA does not have a clue how many how many active cars exist in IT classes or Production classes. They do the cute stuff about average entries per Division for National classes but that is it.

Have Fun
    David

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    IMHU the SCCA does not have a clue how many how many active cars exist in IT classes or Production classes. They do the cute stuff about average entries per Division for National classes but that is it.

Have Fun
    David
    So you think they fabricate those numbers? If you know that average entries per event, don't you then by definition, know how many cars participate?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region

Sorry - I was talking about posting the link to the survey on other boards.

BTW, 97 responses to date...

K

Too bad the survey doesn't have an "impartial" answer. There were a few questions that I did't really have an opinion either way. But I do realize this is just an exploratory survey.

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

The ONLY change I would really like to see is to allow IT cars to run in the corresponding Production class for the particular car by amending the rules governing things like passenger door glass etc. A fully prepared, legal IT car (with appropriate safety equipment such as fuel cell, fire bottle, 6 point cage) should be legal for Production, but not vice versa. I saw how making AS into a national class suddenly raised the bar for preparation and cost. We definitely don't need that for IT.

I think that the production rules should be altered to allow IT fully prepped cars to be eligable as well without changing doors headlights and what not...

Raymond

------------------

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com
    1st and 2nd 2003 ITB NARRC Championship
    1st and 6th 2003 ITB NERRC Championship
    3rd 2003 ITB ARRC Sprint Race
    4th 2003 ITB ARRC Endoro
    1st 2003 AS NERRC and NARRC Championships

***Posted by David***

***They do the cute stuff about average entries per Division for National classes but that is it.***

***Posted by Andy***

***So you think they fabricate those numbers? If you know that average entries per event, don't you then by definition, know how many cars participate?***

Andy, I am open to learning. I didn't say anyone fabricates anything. I said the SCCA does not know how many cars exist in Production. Please show/tell me the factual number of active Production cars that exist in the U.S. Then tell me the factual number of active IT cars that exist in the U.S.

No disrespect to anyone. Pretend I'm from the show me state.

David

While it's pretty clear that the club racing office knows how many entries there are per race, that is a different thing than what I think David is talking about - the number of active cars in each class...

K

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    Kirk, if your comment is towards my post the answer is I have posted the same info on other sites & there is ZERO response. IMHU the SCCA does not have a clue how many how many active cars exist in IT classes or Production classes. They do the cute stuff about average entries per Division for National classes but that is it.
    They used to have this information, but the black helicopter crews absconded with it.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Originally posted by Knestis:
    There is no hypothesis
    How about agenda?

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

George, I've seen those helicopters, and they are dark purple. Not black.

Kirk, good idea, as always. I took the survey: bottom line, I don't care if we go national or not, and don't think IT is a stepchild, at least not here in the SeDiv. But, if we did go national, I'd run the races.

David and Kirk,

What is the difference between an active car and an entry?

Just becasue *I* don't have the numbers, doesn't mean the SCCA doesn't. And if they DID, what would you do with that info?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region

Well, I will throw this out...
    (and i know it has a few issues to resolve)

I fail to see how and why we have a regional and national seperation. Do away with it, award points for all classes, and the top 24(?) in participation numbers go to The Runoffs. No matter what!

Institute that and watch all the guys with 2 car classes in GT and Prod stop defending their class and embrace combining classes and other efforts to revitalize their category.

But that's not why I'd do it. If you ask me, the current Runoffs is an embarassment.... a small bunch of old cars with huge differentials between 1st and 10th. No excuse for the small fields we see. If we want SCCA racing to be vital, we need good racing in out premier event, and frankly, most races at the Runoffs are a snooze.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by ITSRX7:
    Just becasue *I* don't have the numbers, doesn't mean the SCCA doesn't. And if they DID, what would you do with that info?
    Actually, we'll (the members) be finding out this season, because the BoD mandated the Regions to submit Regional results sometime late last season...

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX