Thread: Threded Collars to be used in Board review

Default Threded Collars to be used in Board review

From Fast Track news.

IT
    1.Allow threaded collar shocks and struts in the IT category. (poelti) Tables for review on the impact it would have on all classes.

I believe this could be a good thing. For instance cars that dont have a lot of spring options available to them could take advantage of this. As well as the cost for trying different springs looking for the ones that work for a certain ride height. Buying springs and springs can get expensive. Also they just dont install themselves. And Alignments fees vs. running a couple of turns to get just what your looking for. in a one shot package.

So whats your view on this if the comp board appoves it?

------------------
    Toodles,
    Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB 1990PGL SCCA STSL "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club T&S, BWRP,WS,Lag,Hallett www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.

[This message has been edited by Racy-Stacey (edited March 11, 2004).]

I don't think it has any inpact on anyone as you can already do that now, you just have to use a sleeve.

The only difference will be the "rich" people who can afford threaded body shocks wont have to spend the extra $50.00 a corner for the coilover kits.

Raymond Blethen

Stacey,
    If I read your question right, you seem to think you will be able to put coil overs on a car with a different type spring-torsion, leaf, etc?
    This is not the intent. The intent is to allow a threaded body shock, instead of the non-attached sleeves.
    The rule requiring the original type of spring would not be changed.

------------------
    "Bad" Al Bell
    ITC #3 Datsun 510
    DC Region MARRS Series

Originally posted by badal:
    Stacey,
    If I read your question right, you seem to think you will be able to put coil overs on a car with a different type spring-torsion, leaf, etc?
    This is not the intent. The intent is to allow a threaded body shock, instead of the non-attached sleeves.

Al,
    I see you are selling your Miata (or a Miata). Are you bringing the 510 back to C?
    GRJ

Originally posted by badal:
    Stacey,

Al,
    I saw you are selling your Miata(a Miata). Are you bringing the 510 back to C?
    GRJ

No no .. I understand that you will be able to change out non-ride adjustment shocks for collard shocks only.. Sorry if I gave that impression that you could run collard shocks on a leaf spring car.. didnt know I conveyed that in the least... anyhoo that wasnt my intention.

[This message has been edited by Racy-Stacey (edited March 12, 2004).]

Stacey,
    In that case, I agree with Raymond.
    GRJ- The 510 is in the Bell Motorsports Museum. No plans to run it, but you never know.

------------------
    "Bad" Al Bell
    ITC #3 Datsun 510
    DC Region MARRS Series

[This message has been edited by badal (edited March 13, 2004).]