Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stay in A or move to B?

Originally posted by 7'sRracing:
    Even if 205's fit, I wouldnt go back to even 205's, for one thing hoosier dosnt make a 205x13...
    That's strange, because the Tire Rack still sells them...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...ier&x=20&y =16

Where are you getting that they are NLA???

------------------
    Darin E. Jordan
    SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
    Renton, WA
    ITS '97 240SX

[This message has been edited by Banzai240 (edited March 07, 2004).]

your right, its toyo that dosnt make a 225/13, I had it backwards, knew it was either/or

[quote]push all ITB cars back to the non-existent ITC class[quote]

You can't possibly be serious?

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

ITD, you still that extra class no matter what then, right? dont see any way around it.

Originally posted by 7'sRracing:
    ITD, you still that extra class no matter what then, right? dont see any way around it.
    I am afraid you are right. the advatage of a five class system is it blunts the protest of the b & c drivers. the bottom 75% of the A cars will like it, the bottom half of the S cars will like it. the only folks that will be concerned are the top 25% of the A cars. with the new S class the speed range would allow some of the new faster cars to be added with thoughtfull pca's.
    there still may be some cars that should move from b to c or a to b but it would not be the wholesale shuffle that would terrify the existing stakeholders.
    dick

It's not about moving ALL ITB to ITC, just the some of the more challenged ones. At least in the NE region there are very few ITB cars that can keep up with the top ITC cars. ITC is also a very small group here (as I would guess it is most other places), so I would doubt that it would really need to be split into two groups.

Originally posted by Jake:
    It's not about moving ALL ITB to ITC, just the some of the more challenged ones. At least in the NE region there are very few ITB cars that can keep up with the top ITC cars. ITC is also a very small group here (as I would guess it is most other places), so I would doubt that it would really need to be split into two groups.
    This is kinda like what I suggested a couple pages ago. There are not too many new cars comming down the pike that would fit into C. So could it happen that the Non-ecu. cars get lumped together. The cars have all been around and there are most likly examples of cars developed to 99% out there to see how fast they are. Could the real fast ones be slowed down enough and the slow ones speed up enough to lump them all together. The might get a little different set of rules (like wheel widths and such). Call it ITC and then re-shuffle the other computer cars....Just kinda thinking out loud. There is one or two cars out there that I don't think could fit (TR8) I don't know what we could do for it. On the other hand maybe it could.

Bill Miller, a bit of info on the SRX7 rim/tire at DC/Summit. Spec, stock rim or 13 x 7 rim with a spec tire RA-1 Toyo 205/60 R13. Typical rim for the Spec-7/SRX7 class in the SCCA all based on the SoPac rules since 1994.

Have Fun
    David

David, interesting stuff. Can you speak to the lap times of the Spec 7 cars, vs the ITA/7 cars, vs the ITB cars? At whatever tracks you know. What weight do the Spec 7s run?

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]