Originally posted by RSTPerformance:

Andy-

It is for the fun of it, but I will address my concerns... changing a car class to make it into a winning car just cause their are a lot of people racing them that "complain" isn't just. I think their needs to be some sort of comon sence when it comes to reclassifying cars and "stirring up the pot"... I am always a voter for the uncommon cars, and I think that their are a lot of cars that should be considered for moving before the RX-7.

Raymond Blethen
Ray,

Big picture buddy, think big picture. The goal isn't to put a car into a class so it can WIN. The goal is to take a car, that is VERY popular, has THE BEST manufacturer support, has a HUGE pocket of built and ready to go examples - and give it a place to be competitive. Competitive is a lot different that 'winning'. Would some win? Yup. Would they dominate? That WOULD NOT BE THE GOAL.

Why would you move an uncommon, underdeveloped and hard to build car? THAT lacks common sense. The ITA RX-7 performance envelope is well documented and would be a much easier car to move ACCURATELY than somethiing that was rare and undeveloped.

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967