Jake - I freakn' love it. Thanks for the laugh.

I guess it also depends on the pick-up you're talking about. Funny thing, my wife and I (well, she made me) sold my Mits. 3000GT and Jeep Wrangler this past summer to consolidate and get a tow vehicle. As stated above, I decided to go with a pick-up. BUT...it does definately matter which pick-up you're talking about.

Let's put it this way - I absolutely loved my 3000gt. We flew a down to Fl (from CT) and drove it home. It was in excellent condition, tinted windows (hey, it was a FL car), custom exhaust (be quite jake # 2), ect. I thought I would really, really miss the car and Jeep. Ummm. Nope. Maybe a little bit, but LOVE the truck. A header, exhaust later and I'm lovin' it. Can you do that with a van? Even the ricers don't do that.

A van is a van. A pick up truck has more potential. Besides, how often do you use the vehicle for racing? (again, credit to Jake #2) What? 10 times a year? So, say 20 days total. What about the other 345 days in the year?

Side topic - being the cool racer that I am, some people came over to look at my race car during a race. Then they asked if it was a Toyota.?? They were looking at my truck? Didn't even care about my car. Oh well.

Yes, vans can be nice and have some benefits that a truck doesn't have. But overall I honestly can't begin to compare the car for its overall use and potential. Of course, this is just my opinion.

------------------
Dave Gran
NER #13 ITA
'87 Honda Prelude