Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typical cost to buy a front running ITA or ITB car?

From this site: Looks liek a great platform to start with.

ITA Honda CRX Posted: Jan, 15 2004
    ITA 91 Honda CRXsi: OPM limited slip diff and 4.73 final drive; 8 point cage with NASCAR door bars; Kirkey seat; 4 Panasport wheels with mounted Hoosiers, 4 additional mounted Hoosiers, never used mounted Hoosier Dirtstockers, tons of spares. Everything Honda that I have is included. This is a very fast and dependable front running car in the northeast. Motor has just 2 track days on it since freshened. Runs very strong and is legal. Car has shortened race valved adj. Koni shocks, Eibach springs, Mugen bushings, new brake calipers modified and stock ECU….. more. This is a very well prepared racecar that looks and runs great. Steal this car with spares for $6500. Email [email protected]

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967

Yeah, I saw the CRX. Looks nice. Although I'm still in the saving up for the car mode.

All in due time, right? I can't wait for the season to start up. This has been a long winter!

------------------
    Dave Gran
    NER #13 ITA
    '87 Honda Prelude

Originally posted by zracer22:
    Did anyone take a look at this car that was mentioned above:
    [URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460295782&category=60 60]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2460295782&category=60 60[/ URL]

Could this car possibly have a logbook?
    Look at the cage. The diaginal in the main hoop has a bend and there is no horizontil in the main hoop. Also, the rear braces have bends.
    Does seem to have a logbook, though very old. I'll have to check the ITCS, but I don't recall a 1.8L engine being legal in the '76 for ITC...

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    I guess I was being polite... From what I have seen the newbie drivers who do the best are the ones that build the car/driver together...

Raymond
    Raymond, you must have been talking about me Several people told me that I could buy for cheaper than building. And as it turns out, they were right but I've have learned so much by slowly developing the car while at the same time, becoming better as a driver. Now, I have a long way to go but my lap times are getting better and the car is handling better. Now, if I could only get more seat time

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    GB Racing - #24 ITA CRX
    LAMIN-X Protective Films

Ok I am selling my front running ITB Audi.

2003 NARRC Champion
    2003 NERRC Champion
    2003 3rd place finish at the ARRC with a driver that only had 15 laps on the track before the race.

Car is as is right off the track at the ARRC. Comes with a spare Motor, 3 sets of wheels, and had several new parts replaced with only 1 race on them.... Axles, Brakes, Rotors, wheel bearings, hubs, ect. See picture in my brothers signature above! For only $9,000 you to can get a podium at the ARRC!

Nitty Gritty that I am leaving out of my add:
    Car does not have a single straight panel as it was totalled three weeks prior to the ARRC. All the above new parts are completly worn out and I only drove 15 laps before the race started at the ARRC because I broke 4 axles that weekend (The nose is still bent to the left.) The tires that are mounted on all 3 sets are completly worn out but they should get the car on the trailer and around the paddock. Good luck prepping this thing as well since noone understand them and noone races them!

Had to add in a little humor and remind you to find out the nitty gritty details before you even make the trip to look at the car. Talk to people that have raced with it that you trust so you get the true nitty gritty stuff! Best of luck in your search... good cars are out there but be smart and take your time finding the right one!

Stephen

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited February 18, 2004).]

While this may sound like a shamless plug...it is

http://www.teamscr.com/forsale.htm

It is truly a "no excuses" car. Everything is right. Tons of pics and info are on the website.

If you run ITA in CENDIV, most likely you have seen the car. It's a red Saturn SC, car number 34.

Best lap times:

Mid-Ohio 1:45.1
    Grattan 1:31.6
    Glen short course 1:32.1

The car placed 4th at the ARRC in 2001, but has not been back to Road Atlanta since. The car is always in front and has scored 6 wins in the past three years, and is always a favorite for the podium.

In the car's past four outings at Watkins Glen (it's an 11-hour haul from home, but love the track) it has three wins and four fast race laps alone.

A baby is on the way, so here is your chance to steal it. Asking price is $14k, but there are a ton of spares (I am an ex-Saturn engineer) and perhaps a bit of negotiating room. It cost $35k to build the car over 5 years.

If you want to race ITA, want to be different, and want a car that can run in front, here you go! It is in turn-key condition...even the tires are still good (only 1 weekend on them). Buy it today, race it tomorrow. Literally.

And, of course, the body is straight...it is a plastic-bodied Saturn after all.

James
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by teamscr (edited February 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by teamscr (edited February 24, 2004).]

That Saturn is a very nice car.