Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do with a parts car once it is stripped?

we had to dispose of a few stripped shells and we found a metal recycler in the area that actually gave us $$ per pound for everything. no tittle needed but you must remove the gas tank. i think we got $30.00 for each shell. good luck

~jay

Post it on EBAY under Parts section use a BUY IT NOW keeping in mind you want it GONE See item 2446603571 Good Luck Remember cutting it up and putting in some one else's dumpster might end up in the pokey for race season "Theft of services" ETC ETC

To clarify - since I have been besmirched - that the dumpster to which I was referring was in the park where we had space. We were allowed to use it as renters. Nyah.

K

Originally posted by joeg:
    Matt-I used to be able to do that too. It worked great until the day I dragged about 3/4 of an entire front clip out to the curb and found a ticket on it when I came home from work from the trashman ("NO MORE CAR PARTS").

Have a good New Years.
    I'm waiting to get the same note! I've got a dump I can take stuff to and 'deposit' all my junk in to the hole. Costs about $10-$20 depending on what kind of mood they're in... (I don't know how they determine cost - it's different each time) I haven't tried to deposit a shell, maybe in a few months - I'll let you know how it goes!

------------------
    Matt Downing
    www.downingracing.com