This is how I should have gone about getting into a rally race instead of ranting and getting angry over my car not fitting into a rally catagory. I apologize for the Newsflash post, typed before I thought it thru, I have since written a letter to the people at SCCA apologizing to them, sorry again.

I have had a desire to run Pikes Peak race for 2 1/2 decades, back in the 70's I raced dirt late models in northern calif, off season some fellow racers and I would take our cars to a place called "the forest of Nisene Marks state park", there we would race 2 cars at a time up a 10 mile section of forest service road, the road dead ended at the end of this section and it was quite safe other than going into the trees or off into a ravine which happened on occasion. this type of thing is where "Drifting" really was derived from. a dirt late model does not hook up worth a dam on a dry dirt road. back then this was quite legal because during those years no car licence was required to drive on forest service roads, once in a while a ranger would see us and tell us to slow down but the speed limit was 55 anywhere not posted so they really couldnt do anything. anyway I raced dirt cars then asphalt late models on and off for 20 years the last in 96, then got back into racing MX and had a great time, won the senior div AMA in 99 then got hurt real bad at Glen Helen, MX days over I decided to go race SCCA. That brings me to now, my one goal in Road Racing is to run the runoffs, which ill do next year in E Production. I have a bunch of cars in the works but since national races are spread out maybe I can work on getting into this "Race to the Clouds" race. any advice on getting into and getting licenced for this would be geatly appreciated.

------------------
Daryl Brightwell
ITA RX7 #11
NORPAC
ITA RX7 #77
SOPAC

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited December 14, 2003).]